Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Time off work

(4 Posts)
GrapesAreMyJam Thu 02-Nov-17 13:50:17

Hi. I am currently 26+4 weeks pregnant.

For the past fortnight or so, I have been struggling to get more than one or two hours sleep a night due to carpal tunnel syndrome in my right arm and back ache which is bad during the day as well as at night.

I am now at the point where I am struggling to walk without being in pain, although I am able to walk and due to the tiredness, I’m starting to feel very down as well.

Due to my job, my employers would need to have time off from their jobs or to get some cover in. And as a result I feel quite guilty about being off. But it’s at the point now when I just want to cry because of the pain and tiredness.

Just looking for any advice about what to do really.
Thank you!

Bunnyfluffy Thu 02-Nov-17 13:58:57

I’m 11 weeks pregnant and haven’t been to work since 6 weeks pregnant due to severe sickness (although I’ve managed to do bits of work from home).

If you’re too sick to work, you’re too sick to work. End off. So I’m trying not to beat myself up about it too much. flowers

GrapesAreMyJam Thu 02-Nov-17 14:00:50

Thanks for the reply! I had a day off in July with bad morning sickness. But that’s been it so far, I’ve been able to rest lots during work time

BrioAmio Thu 02-Nov-17 14:01:39

If you’re struggling, speak to ACAS they will be able to explain your rights. Pregnancy hits everyone differently and I’ve never known tiredness (or insomnia) like it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now