Talk

Advanced search

1st time mum.. Leaking - 36 weeks

(10 Posts)
Newmum878981 Wed 01-Nov-17 22:16:41

I txt my midwife at lunchtime today as had got through 2 pairs of pantd during the night and one that morning they kept becoming damp. Anyway she said go in for check. I was quite clear this was all the leaking there was and I had no pain or signs of labour just wanted to know if this was normal and she told me could be a leak, she said put a pad on and go in. They looked at pad and then did speculum exam they couldn't see a leak and cervix was closed but will do a scan on fri to check fluid levels. I should have asked .. as I don't understand, if they couldn't see a leak and cervix closed, why do a scan? My pants have again become wet since hospital I am guessing it's pee or discharge I don't know I keep going to loo to empty my bladder because am fed up of feeling constantly wet and I am just writing this because I just feel stupid. I feel like I'm going mad like maybe my pants aren't even wet .. sorry if all this sounds bonkers has anyone got advice I don't want to ask hospital I fell like I wasted enough of their time and I'm just being daft ,.

Smarshian Wed 01-Nov-17 22:18:25

It could be a slow leak of water in which case they will want to scan to make sure that your waters are still intact. If not there is a risk of infection and they will likely induce you.

Newmum878981 Thu 02-Nov-17 08:24:14

I thought that what the speculum was to confirm is scan just to make sure?

makemyminduptime Thu 02-Nov-17 08:36:34

They must not think it was your waters breaking, if they did they usually induce you within about 24hours, but they don't seem too concerned if they're not scanning you until Friday. But give them a call to ask them, they'd rather you contact them if you have any concerns.

When my waters broke, I went to the loo and then once I'd finished it just kept trickling out and I couldn't stop it in the same way you can stop yourself mid-pee if that makes sense!! I did have a lot of watery discharge near the end too, wore thin pads and was changing them quite often.

mindutopia Thu 02-Nov-17 11:43:55

There is a test they should be able to do to see if it's your waters. Have they done that? I think usually they have you lie down to see if it pools for 30 minutes or so and then swab the fluid. That said, excessive discharge is very normal in late pregnancy and it's very possible that's all it is. I change my pants twice a day most days anyway and I'm only 25 weeks (with my 2nd). But I had loads in the days leading up to when labour started, so it's possible it's just your body getting ready.

meltingmarshmallows Thu 02-Nov-17 13:47:44

I think it’s just to clarify 100%, if the speculum / cough test didn’t show anything hopefully the scan will confirm.

If it’s any consolation I have had constantly wet pants for the past two weeks (37 and 4 now) and when i cough or sneeze I wee a bit blush. Think it’s baby’s position.

babynameshelp Sat 04-Nov-17 09:17:39

How did your scan go yesterday @Newmum878981 ?

Newmum878981 Thu 09-Nov-17 09:19:00

Hi sorry have t had internet until now, I hadn't noticed the growth chart as they also measured my tummy and had gone below all percentile lines.. hence the scan..the scan went ok fluid level was ok so don't think was my waters.. but babies growth has tailed off. Not as bad as tummy measurement but not good either .. so am booked for induction.. So false alarm but a good job it happened in a way.. thanks for ur replies x

InThisTogether Thu 09-Nov-17 10:10:52

Good luck NewMum... hope all goes well!

DueNov Fri 10-Nov-17 08:10:05

Scan to make sure. I have to wear a pad everywhere. I leak wee so much as baby lie a on my bladder often. I use the loo all th time but she must squeeze tiniest bit out constantly!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: