Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Bleeding in pregnancy

(3 Posts)
Buzzybee85 Wed 01-Nov-17 20:39:44

Hi guy
I’m currently 14 weeks and been bleeding since 12 weeks most of the time it’s spotting but every now and again I get A lot in one go usually brown sometimes red and little clots every now and again iv had 2 scans and both times baby’s fine and everything as it should be but it’s really starting to get me down and iv constant worry has anyone else had this ?

ViserionTheDragon Wed 01-Nov-17 21:49:19

I did, and was so scared! I had additional scans etc, turns out the baby and placenta looked fine. After an internal examination, it turned out I had two cervical polyps which caused the bleeding. Had them removed at the suggestestion of the ob-gyn, it was quick and painless. A bit of subsequent bleeding in the aftermath but nothing too bad. No bleeding since and all is fine smile.

I'd ask for an internal examination to rule out polyps OP.

MsP0b Sun 05-Nov-17 18:15:50

Some gory details here but it’s a reassuring story!

I had a huge bleed at 17 weeks (through clothes, leaving a trail of blood down hospital corridor etc), 2 days in hospital and plenty more bright red blood. Scan showed a healthy baby and placenta but a big haematoma on the womb wall. Brown spotting went on for another 4 weeks and haematoma even bigger at 21 week scan.

I’m now 25 weeks, baby still happy and kicking!

You can bleed loads, even more than me, and be absolutely fine. It’s quite common. Get checked out of course but don’t worry xx

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: