Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Movement at 15 weeks?

(16 Posts)
TheNewMrs Wed 01-Nov-17 19:11:33

Could it be?!

15 weeks pregnant with first baby... Thought I felt it move a couple of nights ago but really had to concentrate to feel it, quite deep inside. Was laid watching TV tonight with my hand on my tummy and could have sworn I felt something? On the outside this time too, just very subtle.

I am quite windy these days mind, could just be that grin

Smarshian Wed 01-Nov-17 19:18:17

Could just be wind but I felt kicks v early with my first (about 16/17 weeks). It can happen! X

CL1982 Wed 01-Nov-17 19:20:32

Maybe-that's pretty early though....?

TheNewMrs Wed 01-Nov-17 19:30:22

Yeah I thought it seemed early too!
Although I know some people say that they did feel movements early with their first but just didn't realise what they were until they had more children?
I shall have to keep trying to tune into it smile

ScarletSienna Wed 01-Nov-17 19:38:31

It would be very unusual to feel it with your hand as the baby is still low and protected but I well believe you can feel flutters inside early. Enjoy them!

NoParticularPattern Wed 01-Nov-17 19:39:59

I’d be surprised if you could feel them externally so early on since the top of your uterus won’t be much further up than your public bone at the moment. Internally I’d say you probably can if you concentrate hard enough- I felt them at about 18 weeks and I have an anterior placenta which muffles them a lot. Took until about 23-24 weeks to be properly felt/seen on the outside. Although I could probably have convinced myself I was feeling them outside earlier, but I doubt DH would have felt anything at that point.

TheNewMrs Wed 01-Nov-17 19:40:07

Thanks Scarlet it's so strange to not just 'know' smile

TheNewMrs Wed 01-Nov-17 19:41:53

Thanks NoParticularPattern think I'll keep concentrating on feeling the flutters inside but assume anything on the outside is wind grin

bananaramama Thu 02-Nov-17 11:57:34

I felt our baby move at 14 weeks in utero - it was a very definite tumbling movement, as if it was doing somersaults! At first I thought it was gas, but it kept happening and with more strength and frequency.
I didn't feel any movement outside until about 19-20 weeks though...

mindutopia Thu 02-Nov-17 12:00:35

It's possible. I felt movement with my first from 13 weeks, but it's unlikely you'd be feeling it from the outside at this point (that's likely just wind). Usually by the time you can feel proper kicks, you'll have been feeling movement inside for awhile. It feels like a cat purring, like a vibration very low down to start.

KarateKitten Thu 02-Nov-17 12:02:06

Could well be. I've certainly felt movement at 15 weeks and earlier on s few of my babies.

DaisyLand Thu 02-Nov-17 12:29:03

Im 17 and believe i've been feeling them since 14+3/4
At the beginning it was as if a feather was tickling me from inside,
Now it's more like bubbles during the day (which i know could be gas but I've never had gas before like this despite being bloated)

However, it's always inside movements and nothing from outside

It's my 1st baby as well.

Poppy012 Thu 02-Nov-17 12:44:17

IM 14+5 and I’m sure the past couple of days I have felt some movement inside!

AnUtterIdiot Thu 02-Nov-17 15:33:57

Quite possibly. I had quickenings a couple of times around then, like tiny fingers tapping very lightly and quickly on my insides, right down at the bottom near my pelvis. I was constantly windy so it definitely wasn't that! I didn't get anything that I'd call regular until after 22 weeks though so don't worry too much if you don't feel it again for a while.

TheNewMrs Thu 02-Nov-17 20:07:56

Thanks you all for your replies!
Good to know that a) it's not only wind grin and b) I wasn't going crazy thinking I'd felt something.

DeadDoorpost Thu 02-Nov-17 20:58:50

I thought I could feel something on the outside at week 18/19 when I first felt the flutters. Turns out it was the pulse of my umbilical cord 😂 week 23 was when DH and I could both definitely feel the kicks on the outside.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now