Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Baby high heart rate in uteuro

(5 Posts)
geologyrocks Wed 01-Nov-17 18:45:00

Hi all...i dont think ive spelt the title correctly but anyway.
Im currently 32 weeks pregnant. I had a growth scan today..baby growing nicely and currently at 4lbs 8oz. However, fetal heart rate was picked up at 286bmp. The episode lasted approx 5 mins and then went back to normal rhythm.

I was then put on a trace and hr hovered at 130-140 for the most part. Occasionally going to 170 and 210.

Ive to go back tomorrow to the xardiologist but the whole episode has put the fear of god into me - im trying to keep away from Dr. Google!

Has anyone experienced anything similar that can tell me their outcome?

Thanks

geologyrocks Wed 01-Nov-17 20:31:49

Bump

legoagain Wed 01-Nov-17 20:40:04

Our DS also developed an arrhythmia that was diagnosed as atrial flutter at 36 weeks. He was then delivered by c section at 37 weeks. Most babies then revert to a normal rate and rhythm. However, he was very difficult to treat but is now 5 and in a normal rhythm and gradually coming off his medications. It was a scary time but the consultant was always confident he could get control and he was right. Hope this helps.

geologyrocks Wed 01-Nov-17 21:44:03

Thanks for the reply. Im thinking the worst here. I just wish tomorrow was done and we knew what we were dealing with

legoagain Wed 01-Nov-17 22:08:32

I should have stated that the doctors were only concerned when the arrhythmia became sustained (over 250 bpm for a week in our case) so returning to a normal rhythm is good. The unknown is very worrying but your baby will be closely monitored. I hope you get some answers tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now