Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

5 days late and weird test results

(5 Posts)
aesw95 Wed 01-Nov-17 10:36:07

Hi all, just after some advice, never been here before or been in this situation. I'm usually big on being sensible and using condoms because I'm not in a position to have a baby. I had previously been on the pill but got taken off due to blood pressure issues and was told to take a break from hormonal contraception, was offered a copper coil but I've never liked the idea of them. Anyway, I've had a very, very casual relationship with a guy to the point we only talk to arrange our next "encounter." Last time I saw him (17th Oct) neither of us had condoms and stupidly I just said don't worry about it. My period was due on Friday and hasn't made an appearance. Been very regular since coming off the pill. Checked my period app as soon as I knew I was late and we had sex right on the day I should have ovulated. Anyway, I have done two pregnancy tests and the results have been very weird. They immediately showed a positive result before turning negative a minute later, on both tests. Has anyone else had this happen? I'm nervous as hell because I know I'm not in a position to have a child but I also don't think I could go through with termination.

cakesandphotos Wed 01-Nov-17 10:42:21

What tests are you using? Get a pink dye FRER and that should give you an accurate result

WhatevaPeeps Wed 01-Nov-17 10:45:57

Well you can get false negatives tho not usually false positives. I’d you ARE pregnant then it will be very early days so HCG may not be sufficiently high enough to generate a positive. Strongly suggest you buy a good quality first / early response test which gives words (like pregnant or not pregnant) and test first thing tomorrow morning. Hope this helps and you get the result you want.

Jenala Wed 01-Nov-17 10:47:10

What test are you using?! Very strange for the line to disappear.

TerrifyingFeistyCupcake Wed 01-Nov-17 18:46:49

It sounds like just the dye moving up the test tbh if it happened on two tests. A positive result is stable and doesn't only appear momentarily. Test again with a digital if you want to remove that aspect - or just don't look at the test until 5 minutes are fully up. If it's negative then, it's negative.

If your period is already 5 days late and you are getting negatives you are PROBABLY not pregnant, but you really really need to not have any more unprotected sex if you don't want either a baby or a termination.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: