Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Face creams

(7 Posts)
Hopeful4ivf Wed 01-Nov-17 07:15:55

Just wondering what face creams everyone uses while pregnant?

I'm 37 now and have pretty much always used anti aging creams but have been reading how some of the ingredients could be harmful to baby... I've looked at the Mama Mio products but seems like you can only buy their Day and Night cream in a set which I don't want the other bits as I already have their face wash. Plus I'm finding my usual stuff isn't working as well because I'm starting to feel a bit drier around the jaw area than normal.

Thanks x

HandbagFan Wed 01-Nov-17 10:45:27

I just use what I have - never even thought about it and DS is fine.

mindutopia Wed 01-Nov-17 11:35:31

As long as what you're using doesn't have vitamin A in it, you should generally be fine. I would just have a look at the ingredients. I make my own with sweet almond oil and lavender personally, but I'm sure most high street brands are fine.

ForeverHopeful21 Wed 01-Nov-17 16:14:57

Some anti-aging and acne products contain Retinoids so you're right to be a little wary.
If you don't want to ingredient check, anything for sensitive skin is fine.

I use a natural aromatherapy brand (Eve Taylor London) and all their cleansers and face lotions are safe during pregnancy. I also use Estee Lauder Daywear which is fine too.

Hopeful4ivf Thu 02-Nov-17 13:18:38

Thanks all for your replies, my usual cream isn't really working as well at the moment so will go shopping and look for something more moisturising

EastDulwichWife Thu 02-Nov-17 15:22:07

I use jojoba oil. It's lovely - I could bathe in it.

AnUtterIdiot Thu 02-Nov-17 15:23:19

My doctor is very firmly of the view that there is no over the counter face cream that will make it anywhere near the baby or across the placenta.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now