Talk

Advanced search

So classical music...

(7 Posts)
HolyShmoly Tue 31-Oct-17 22:49:25

Listening to it doesn't actually have any benefits to baby, is that the most up to date info?
I was just listening to classic fm in the bath and I couldn't remember what the general thinking was on this. I like listening to classical in general and my wee bud doesn't have ears yet, so it's hardly a pressing issue. But if it does her good I'll listen to more, without earphones, as pregnancy develops.

DeadDoorpost Tue 31-Oct-17 22:56:42

I'd say it probably becomes something reassuring and familiar so more likely to comfort than anything else.

Saying that though, I've been playing QI every night to help me sleep so I'm very interested to see if that has the same effect. I've not done it on purpose at all to get a response from the baby. (Did that with all sorts of music. Only thing he responded to at all was the music from a game I sometimes play on my phone. Typical.)

DeadDoorpost Tue 31-Oct-17 22:59:02

Should have clarified: with the comforting thing about music etc I've seen couoles who have said that they played chants and/or music during the pregnancy and when the baby was born they played the music which helped calm the baby down almost instantly because they recognised it. This wasn't a scientific process just individual accounts

HolyShmoly Wed 01-Nov-17 18:48:43

Yeah I've seen similar Door. Anything that might help putting them to sleep or soothe down the line!!!
I might try to schedule in some quiet time every evening down the line and listen to a few of my favourite songs while relaxing. This is my first, so I may as well take the chance to do nice things like this while I get the chance.

DeadDoorpost Wed 01-Nov-17 19:41:02

This is my first too. If you can, do it. There's no harm in it.

Yaley Wed 01-Nov-17 19:42:09

None of it makes any difference to anything but if you like it and it relaxes you, go for it.

Phantomoutforthechill Wed 01-Nov-17 19:45:49

Be careful, don't play Handel's fireworks music. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now