Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Does anyone else dislike the hiccups?

(9 Posts)
2ducks2ducklings Tue 31-Oct-17 22:42:33

At first it's all magical and cute to feel those little hiccups. But, does anyone else really dislike them as pregnancy progresses? They absolutely drive me crazy. I can't breathe and the repetition makes the nausea return. Is it just me? Am I horrible??

DeadDoorpost Tue 31-Oct-17 22:47:37

This might be a ridiculous question but what do they feel like? I'm 37 weeks with my first and don't think I've experienced the baby having hiccups. Except maybe once in which case it felt like a constant soft kicking feeling for about 5 mins and it did get uncomfortable.

Foggymist Tue 31-Oct-17 22:50:16

Me! They were fine on my first but this one does it so often and so many, I counted over 50 in a row one night confused It's just weird and very distracting.

midnightflowers Tue 31-Oct-17 22:58:18

Deaddoorpost that’s how they feel to me, like soft kicks.**
Very annoying and painful when their little head bangs against your cervix for what feels like ages!

2ducks2ducklings Tue 31-Oct-17 23:00:27

Yep, whenever you get the rhythmic 'kicks' that last for a few minutes, that'll be the hiccups.

DeadDoorpost Tue 31-Oct-17 23:52:04

Then I've been lucky to only experience it the once! Kudos to you for dealing with it more frequently. I can see how it would get frustrating!

Leeela Wed 01-Nov-17 05:24:53

I dislike them too but more because I get worried sad Somehow they just feel so weird, so I'm all on edge, want to make sure they don't last too long, etc

Foggymist Wed 01-Nov-17 08:16:59

Leeela they're totally normal, no cause for worry.

Topsyloulou Wed 01-Nov-17 09:17:50

DS had hiccups numerous times a day from 24ish weeks. They were really quite violent at times & used to wake me up at night. This time round hiccups didn't start until about 34 weeks & are much more gentle. Probably only once or twice a day but normally in the middle of the night. Don't think baby likes them much as after every hiccup there is a swift kick!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now