Talk

Advanced search

Help?

(10 Posts)
SmileyTee123 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:19:21

Hi! I just found out today that I am pregnant, and the doctor has guessed that by the symptoms I described, I'm around 12 weeks (he did suggest going for a scan so I'm trying to arrange that)
However, even though I KNOW I'm pregnant, I feel like this is all false.
When should I expect to actually start feeling pregnant? When will I feel Pumpkin start to move? (This is my first pregnancy)
I'm just so confused and scared and excited! X

Mishappening Tue 31-Oct-17 22:25:08

A bit of googling will tell you all you need to know.

OnNaturesCourse Tue 31-Oct-17 22:32:43

Did he book you a scan

DeadDoorpost Tue 31-Oct-17 22:44:16

Everyone is different but this is my first and I felt movements at 18 weeks but big enough ones for DH to feel at 23 weeks.
As for feeling pregnant... I'm only really starting to come to terms with it now at 37 weeks as I'm having Braxton Hicks contractions. But again everyone is different. It's taken me so long because I suffered badly throughout with Hyperemesis and I really don't like other people's children so have never really wanted my own.

SmileyTee123 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:45:13

It hasn't really helped me a lot

SmileyTee123 Tue 31-Oct-17 22:46:45

With it being a walk-in clinic, he couldn't as I'm not registered there. I tried getting through to my GP but the reception staff there are useless and never answer the phone

katmarie Wed 01-Nov-17 00:18:37

You may be able to go direct to your local midwives team rather than having to go to your Gp. Google your local community midwife team and give them a call to see if they can set up a booking in appointment for you.

SomehowSomewhere1 Wed 01-Nov-17 00:44:36

Hi,
Agree with Katmarie as your first plan of action. Also some of the pregnancy apps are fab at filling you in on when to expect with each week, and several sites I think including NHS talk you through each trimester. Midwife first though.

Mrstobe90 Wed 01-Nov-17 00:48:21

Everyone is different so I can’t tell you when but personally, I’m 24 weeks and feel baby kick and wriggle every single day and it still doesn’t feel real for me or my DH!
I keep saying that I feel like I’m just pretending lol
Even when I have a scan and can physically see her, I can’t quite believe that a tiny person is inside me!

Everyone has told me that it will feel real when they place her on my chest, so I’ll pass that information on to you too. smile

SmileyTee123 Wed 01-Nov-17 03:36:37

I did that, but I'm too impatient to wait for an appointment lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now