Talk

Advanced search

Mmm... Curious. Blood on pee stick

(11 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Tue 31-Oct-17 21:42:09

So about a hour ago I went for a pee. Half way through (mid stream) I had a sudden pain in my mid to low back. It was bad enough to stop my pee mid flow and I had to stand and breathe through it for a minute or so until it passed. I then was able to finish my pee blush

Historically I have had trouble with kidney infections etc so I have test sticks at home. So when I went again about 5 minutes ago I tested. Everything was perfect. No protein, white cells, ketones etc and I am well hydrated. However the blood reading rocketed up right away. I've never seen it that high without something else showing up or me running a fever etc. I definitely do not think it's a infection.

I'm 36+5 weeks and last week baby was head down, 1/5 engaged. MW suspected I could go early due to position etc (but it's my first so I have no hopes pinned on that)

I had intercourse twice today in the morning , but extremely gentle as I have SPD. I've also been on the birthing ball a lot as it helps with my heavy pelvis feeling.

I am going to test again when I next pee and there is anything Ill definitely phone someone (out of hours or on call midwife do you think?)

My question is, as Google shocking provided no answers, could this be a sign of things changing in my cervix and it's just got mixed with the urine? Has anyone had this pre labor?

OnNaturesCourse Tue 31-Oct-17 21:57:06

Note. The 2nd pee had no pain. Things "down there" feel tender but no itching or burning..

DeadDoorpost Tue 31-Oct-17 22:52:54

Do you know if baby is back to back because that could cause the back pain? Contractions are usually felt in the back if that's the case.
If you dtd this morning it could be a result of that and may have caused some abrasions inside that have taken a while to show.

OnNaturesCourse Tue 31-Oct-17 23:20:06

Blood presented again so I'm currently sat at out of hours waiting to be seen...

OnNaturesCourse Tue 31-Oct-17 23:20:31

But yeah, at last check baby was back to back.

LittleLights Tue 31-Oct-17 23:24:13

Hope it's nothing serious OP

DeadDoorpost Tue 31-Oct-17 23:53:48

Hopefully nothing serious Nature but the pain could have been a beginning contraction seeing as you're getting close. Or Braxton Hicks contraction at least.

OnNaturesCourse Tue 31-Oct-17 23:59:07

They aren't sure what the pain was but the blood reading is between +2 and +3. Apparently quite normal as there is nothing else showing. Just things getting ready, "not long now" apparently.

DeadDoorpost Wed 01-Nov-17 01:16:01

If you go before me nature I'll be annoyed 😂😂 No, that's good to hear that it's normal at least, can't believe we're so close now!

OnNaturesCourse Wed 01-Nov-17 18:52:49

I doubt I will hon! All quiet on the bump front today aside from growing new stretch marks!

OnNaturesCourse Wed 01-Nov-17 18:52:51

I doubt I will hon! All quiet on the bump front today aside from growing new stretch marks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now