Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sore "down below", no thrush or UTI though?

(3 Posts)
Ttc321 Tue 31-Oct-17 21:29:00

Hi all.
Sorry TMI but I am 32 weeks pregnant & have been experiencing a sore vagina, like a light burning irritation on the outside that feels like the burn you have when you go for a wee with a UTI, but I have been checked for thrush & infections and haven't got either.. just wondering if this is just a pregnancy thing & if there's anything I can do to relieve it as it's not painful but rather irritating.

mindutopia Wed 01-Nov-17 11:40:44

It's possible it's varicose veins. I have them (developed around 23-24 weeks). It's basically like piles but for your vagina. It feels exactly like that, sore, maybe a bit itchy sometimes, but no sign of any infection. If you crack out the mirror and have a good look, you may be able to see them. They're really uncomfortable. I have to sit on an exercise ball all day now because a normal chair is too painful. They go away after baby is born though, so just one of those things unfortunately.

BabyDreams2018 Wed 01-Nov-17 11:51:10

Varicose veins on your vulva or SPD I reckon. Neither are particularly comfortable but you're lucky to have escaped it until this late in your pregnancy. I've had both for weeks and I'm only 25 weeks pregnant. If it is SPD you can get a referral for physio but I don't think there is much that you can do for varicose veins. If it is varicose veins on your vulva, you will have them in your legs too so you can get support stockings in the pharmacy. Elevate the legs when sitting and don't stand or sit for too long. Apparently, the varicose veins go after birth and SPD goes in most cases after the birth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now