Talk

Advanced search

Eyelash extentions-how safe?

(7 Posts)
JuneMammaToBe Tue 31-Oct-17 18:27:39

Ok I know this might be a silly one but I am a first time mum to be, 6 weeks pregnant and currently having semi permanent eyelash extentions. How safe are they for my baby and should I take them of? Thanks!

ButteredScone Tue 31-Oct-17 18:29:25

The chemicals should only be going on your lashes, which won't affect the baby.

If you are worried about fumes you could breathe through a wet flannel. Or just not have it done and wear falsie strips.

TheCatsMother99 Tue 31-Oct-17 19:43:41

I'm sure they'll be fine. I have LVL done, so a perming type solution is put on and left for a while and that's fine.

tinygirlsmum Tue 31-Oct-17 19:58:40

I had them done the whole time i was pregnant and had them on in labour. Carried on for another 6 months when I suddenly developed an allergy to them!!! My eyelash girl said nothing had changed, all the same glue she always used, so it might have just been hormones!

Howaboutanotherusername Wed 01-Nov-17 11:09:08

i had them for the whole of my pregnancy with no issues at all

MarmiteandToast Wed 01-Nov-17 14:18:34

Those who have had lashes on throughout, did you have to still lie flat on your back for the infills or were your salons able to change the angle slightly or use pillows?

ForeverHopeful21 Wed 01-Nov-17 15:51:03

Interesting that beauty therapists are offering lash extensions to those who are pregnant. Most insurance companies don't cover it as pregnant women have a higher chance of an allergic reaction plus if you did have an allergic reaction the medication used to treat may be unsafe for baby.
The company I trained with were totally against it.

If in doubt, ask what products they use and speak to the manufacturer, I'm pretty sure most manufacturers would say it's not suitable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now