Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Harmony test inconclusive

(2 Posts)
Chick7654 Tue 31-Oct-17 17:51:40

Hi, I've had a harmony test twice now, with both tests coming back inconclusive. My NHS test showed a risk of 1 out of 600.

I am pretty upset that the harmony tests came back inconclusive as I'm a worrier. Do I opt for the invasive amnio test. Any advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated

HoneyWheeler Tue 31-Oct-17 17:56:36

Is this for Downs or Edwards/ Patau? I was offered a CVS for Edwards Patau and the Harmony, and the risk of miscarriage was very very low - my DH is an analyst and crunched all the numbers! I ended up with the Harmony first and then we would have gone for the CVS had the test come back inconclusive but in the end didn’t need to. Two of my NCT mums needed CVS tests and their pregnancies have continued with no problem.

I suppose it depends - if you are a worrier you may feel more secure having the test. The good thing about an amnio or CVS is that they are diagnostic, so you will get an absolute answer one way or another. I wish you all the best whatever you decide - such a difficult time in pregnancy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now