Talk

Advanced search

Cant cope with constant Nausea

(15 Posts)
cricketqueen Tue 31-Oct-17 09:34:50

I'm pregnant with my second, around 6-7 weeks I think. For the last 2 weeks I have had constant nausea. I had really bad sickness when I was pregnant with my dd. So far I havent thrown up but instead I feel constantly sick and like I'm on a boat. I have diaarhoea caused by not eating enough (A effect from having my gallbladder removed last year). I can't leave the house cause even walking makes me feel sick.
My gp has given me cyclizine again which seem to ease it but only for a couple of hours.
I feel like a terrible mum, my dd keeps asking what is wrong. I just don't know how I'm going to cope with this for the next 6 weeks or so.

Bonelessbanquet Tue 31-Oct-17 09:38:45

I’ve found eating little and often, cyclizene and prochlorpene?? It’s one that dissolved under your gum, I take that first thing as can’t manage to keep anything down. Keep an eye out for signs of dehydration!

Ijustlovefood Tue 31-Oct-17 09:46:13

I can sympathize. I had terrible sickness with my dd. My doctor suggested Avomine tablets which you can buy over the counter for travel sickness. They helped a bit. Is your other child in school?

cricketqueen Tue 31-Oct-17 09:49:59

No she's only 2 so it's just me and her most of the day.

ScarletSienna Tue 31-Oct-17 09:51:56

Nausea has almost gone for me now (16 weeks) but I found I had things that would trigger it. For me, eating little and often worked, eating well at lunch knowing I wouldn’t want to eat in the evenings, not drinking squash in the mornings, drinking ice cold water and sipping Coke Zero/Pepsi Max worked. I didn’t have it bad enough to medicate I don’t think but at times it would make me light headed and shaky too. Good luck.

Bananarama12 Tue 31-Oct-17 09:59:55

I had it until about week 16 although it felt like it would never end! I survived on cold pineapple and strawberries, crisps, oh and chicken and sweet corn soup from the chinese.

Hang in there flowers

cricketqueen Tue 31-Oct-17 13:30:45

I hope it goes before Xmas as we are meant to be traveling to my parents and I'm not sure I could cope with my mother if I still feel like this. She thinks that I just need to think positive and it will go away..... hmm

ScarletSienna Tue 31-Oct-17 14:56:35

If you get near then and it is still awful, do go to your doctor/midwife for something to help.

StepAwayFromGoogle Tue 31-Oct-17 15:13:04

OP, I'm just coming out the other side of crippling nausea in my second pregnancy (first was even worse). I've been on cyclizine too - what dose are you on? You can take up to 3 tablets a day. Also, get some B6 and take 40mg a day (4 tablets). Try to take them at the same time as the cyclizine as they work together.

Second, if the nausea is so bad that you can't function - go back to the doctor. They can prescribe something else. There is a link below to the pregnancy sickness support website which has advice on escalating medication: www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk

Is there any childcare you could get in place so you can have a break during the day? Parents, partner, friends? Or formal childcare? Even if it's just a nanny to be there while you are at home so you can relax? The most important thing to stop this escalating is rest, rest and rest. Trust me, I know!

You really have my sympathy. The nausea is truly horrible.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Tue 31-Oct-17 15:33:34

I had nausea until 11 weeks! Just eat little and often

thepatchworkcat Wed 01-Nov-17 18:07:50

Can I join in for a grumble? Also second pregnancy, currently 8 weeks and feel sick most of the time. Not actually been sick yet though. Don’t know what’s worse. Had it bad in my first pregnancy too. Not bad enough for medication I don’t think but I am off work and have spent the last few days hiding in bed - house smells funny! Eating mostly toast, plain pasta, biscuits. It’s miserable! Sympathy to all!

NerdyViking Wed 01-Nov-17 18:55:59

Just coming to the end of my first pregnancy but I had horrendous nausea for the first roughly 16-17 - sounds similar to what you’re describing, not so much vomiting (although some) but nausea as soon as I woke up til I went to bed, and it was like being in the brink of vomiting all the time, which made it very difficult to eat.

I was initially put on cyclizine but ended up being put on ondansetron as well. It didn’t 100% take the nausea away but made it so much more bearable. So I can recommend going back to doctors and seeing what else they can give you because the cyclizine just isn’t cutting it. Nb I was taking those two together, three times a day.

Other than that, the only advice I can give is to repeat what others have said about eating little and often, but it took getting medication so I could even do that

Hope you feel better soon

Chocness Wed 01-Nov-17 20:50:25

I’m in almost exactly the same boat as you. This nausea is so bloody awful. I’ve found chewing gum really helps this time around as well as many carbs that I can get in although sometimes the though of such is too much to carry through. I’m keeping everything crossed this goes away by the end of the first trimester. My toddler has never watched so much tv in his life!

CluelessMummy Wed 01-Nov-17 21:37:28

I'm pregnant with my second and the nausea is way worse than with the first. I had GD with that one too so I can't really go for the sugary drinks to give me a pick-me-up. Toddler is sick but still zooming around the house - I'd feel much better if I was sat at my desk at work! No advice I'm afraid but you have my sympathies flowers and I might be off to the doctors myself if it continues.

Loosemoose28 Wed 01-Nov-17 21:45:39

I think I am just out if it now fingers crossed I am 16 weeks.

I lived in sea sick bands. I was really travel sick when driving and had that on a boat feeling too. I experimented a couple of times and they definately helped me.

Cyclizine helped. But last two days no sickness or nausea so hopefully its done now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now