Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Dental issues in pregnancy

(9 Posts)
Maybebaby2 Mon 30-Oct-17 20:12:53

Is anyone else experiencing dental problems during their pregnancy?

I've already had two trips to dentist for two old fillings that fell out and tonight I've broken half a tooth off just chewing a sweet!

My dental routeen is good, I look after my teeth and I floss regularly. The fillings that fell out were old so might not be related to pregnancy but to now break a tooth aswell... coincidence??

I don't understand why it's all happening now, is it to do with being pregnant or am I just very unlucky?!!

dementedpixie Mon 30-Oct-17 20:14:26

That's why you get free dental treatment

dementedpixie Mon 30-Oct-17 20:16:33

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/teeth-and-gums-pregnant.aspx

Carebear1357 Mon 30-Oct-17 20:16:33

Yes pregnancy can cause dental problems that's why pregnant women get free dental care for up to a year after giving birth. I've heard of people losing teeth during pregnancy.

I was.lucky and had no problems so I can't give you any advice. Perhaps go to the dentist.

Boredomismyenemy Mon 30-Oct-17 20:20:26

My teeth go insane during pregnancy. I spent 8 weeks after my first DC was born, visiting the dentist weekly to repair my teeth. Second time, during the pregnancy, I ended up with a tooth being pulled out due to recurring infection which then nearly put me in hospital. The issues continued as wisdom teeth then started coming through! No more DC for me, I can't deal with another lot of teeth issues.
My oral hygiene routine has always been good, clearly pregnancy and my teeth are not compatible! Sorry probably not what you wanted to hear! grin

PatsyStone39 Mon 30-Oct-17 20:29:57

Me. I haven't had to have dental treatment in 10 years, and in 13 weeks of pregnancy i've cracked two teeth. Just like you, one was a filling falling out and the other due to a haribo sweetie!

P1nkSparkles Mon 30-Oct-17 20:54:22

Yep - me too... hadn’t had a filling in 10 years and then had a tooth completely disintegrate in pregnancy.

2014newme Mon 30-Oct-17 20:55:27

Get the free treatment while you can!

Maybebaby2 Mon 30-Oct-17 21:09:05

Looks like I'm one of the unlucky ones then but at least I'm not on my own! Sorry to everyone else who's having or previously had similar problems, it really is rubbish!!

I'm 30 weeks this week and this will now be my 3rd visit to dentist within 12 weeks. The most frustrating thing is that they have only put tempory fillings in until I've had baby so I know I've got to go back and do it all over again! Good job it's free would be costing a fortune otherwise!

Just hope this was the last of it... no more chewy sweets for me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now