Talk

Advanced search

Bad cold & feeling pathetic

(9 Posts)
Sharl2017 Mon 30-Oct-17 09:29:17

I'm 8 weeks pregnant and have got what feels like the worse cold in my life. I barely slept last night for coughing and blowing my nose. The coughing mixed with my normal morning sickness isn't going great. My ears hurt. My nose is sore and snotty. My lips are chapped.

I've rung in sick to work today which I never do I always just power through.
Yesterday I felt really rubbish with my cold and lost all my pregnancy symptoms but today I've been sick with the coughing so I don't know what's the cold and what's the pregnancy. All my skin is sore and sensitive.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do to stop feeling so pathetic and help fight this cold?

Luckily my dh is being amazing but there's not much he can do coz I just don't know what I want.

DeadDoorpost Mon 30-Oct-17 10:10:10

I feel you. I had a nasty 6 week cold about the same time as you. Lemon ginger and honey tea, preferably with real lemon and honey for your throat, and then olbas oil in the bath or a steaming bowl to help unblock your nose. Chapped lips try to keep them moisturised (not Vaseline it won't help) and drink plenty of fluids as this will help them as well as making sure it can help flush out any toxins.
Paracetamol is fine to take if you develop a headache from lack of sleep etc.

BigBaboonBum Mon 30-Oct-17 11:12:28

Real lemons, real ginger and real honey in hot water - let it stew for awhile and then drink. I usually make a big vat of this as it’s the only thing that will work for me :-)
Carmex for the lips is a god send, you can get it from Tesco or Asda etc usually.
I usually get so ill during pregnancy, constantly having a cold of some form - this is the first time I’ve avoided (*TOUCH WOOD*) all that, I’ve just had very slight colds. I wonder if it’s because the first time I’ve had the flu vaccine? I don’t know if it would make a difference though.
I hope you feel better soon flowers

Loosemoose28 Mon 30-Oct-17 11:44:41

Keep Hydrated. Im off today as well and added a water infection to the mix.

Im on lockets
Simple Linctus
And biscuits and ginger and lemon tea with manuka grin

Its grim. I am 16 weeks.

Sharl2017 Mon 30-Oct-17 11:50:43

Thank you all for your advice. I've not felt hungry but decided to nibble some crackers... I think this is more than a cold because let's just say I never want to eat crackers ever again. 😷

Will be asking dh to get some lemon and ginger when he's finished work. We already have honey in the house.. I hate it but will do anything right now lol.

Sharl2017 Mon 30-Oct-17 11:50:45

Thank you all for your advice. I've not felt hungry but decided to nibble some crackers... I think this is more than a cold because let's just say I never want to eat crackers ever again. 😷

Will be asking dh to get some lemon and ginger when he's finished work. We already have honey in the house.. I hate it but will do anything right now lol.

Sharl2017 Mon 30-Oct-17 11:50:55

Sharl2017 Mon 30-Oct-17 11:50:57

Sharl2017 Mon 30-Oct-17 11:51:29

Hope your water infection clears up loose flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now