Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Dating scan help! Middle of moving...

(6 Posts)
Hopeful4ivf Mon 30-Oct-17 08:08:46

Hi all...bear with me, hope this doesn't confuse....

I'm due to move house at about 10weeks pg, I can't register with new gp until I've moved and have proof of address. I have my first midwife appointment at my current gp(different borough to where I'm moving) at 8wks, I know she can refer me for my dating scan but it would be to the local hospital which once I move isn't local to me. The hospital in the area I'm moving to allows you to self refer for your dating scan but asks for your doc details on the form. I'm worried if I put my current gp down they will ask questions as to why I've booked at that hospital as it's in a totally different area or midwife will question me when I see her or they might refuse to see me, but at the same time I don't want to leave everything til ive moved and delays my dating scan date. Any advice on what I should do to get it all booked?
Midwife appointment is next Friday, annoyingly they can't see me any sooner to ask the question, can't wait to move doctors as these guys expect you to predict when your ill as you can never get a quick appointment.

Thanks xxx

Loosemoose28 Mon 30-Oct-17 14:47:07

Just call antenatal clinic in new hospital? Maybe explaining over phone will remove any confusion.

lorisparkle Mon 30-Oct-17 15:08:28

I know it is a bit cheeky but I ‘stayed with my brother’ when we had not yet moved and I wanted to give birth at the hospital near my new home. It did not work out as moving took longer than predicted but I was happy as I still wanted to have ds at my new local hospital and the midwives sorted out the first few visits at our old house before we really moved!

Hopeful4ivf Mon 30-Oct-17 16:07:38

Thanks ladies for replying. So do you think I should just self refer then @lorisparkle? And then explain to midwife next week that I'm impatient and booked my own 12 scan at a different hospital in a different area?

I will also call the new hospital and see what they say. Just want the date for my scan more than anything so I can focus on that and know when I can tell people, hate all this secrecy and pretty feel fine when I'm suffering with bad all day nausea

minley76 Mon 30-Oct-17 18:34:07

Hi @Hopeful4ivf and congratulations.

I was in a similar position to you when pregnant with my first DC, when I moved house at 33 wks.

Before the move, I spoke to the practice manager of the GP surgery I wanted to register with in the new area, and she was really helpful. She was happy to register me in advance of my move, which meant that I could use that GP details on the referral form for the midwives. I was able to use my new address before moving into it, though, because my DP was already living there.

Hopefully they will do something similar for you. Good luck!

lorisparkle Tue 31-Oct-17 21:07:32

I changed Drs and midwife to the new area using my brothers address so that they referred me to the hospital I wanted so not sure how it would work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now