Talk

Advanced search

Will this ever end?

(9 Posts)
Jamielyn Sun 29-Oct-17 22:02:54

Hi everyone,

I’ve been having server morning sickness, I’ve been signed off for a week because it’s been so bad. I’ve tried all that I can think of to calm it down. Eating little and often, ginger tea and biscuits etc, nothing I’ve tried to do has helped.

It’s starting to get me down being this ill! I was so happy when I found out I was pregnant but this has been a horrible experience for me! I tried going for a walk yesterday and I couldn’t, I stayed in the car being sick! (Brought a sick bucket, need to be prepared). Any natural remedies to help with sickness?

Thanks ladies xx

lovely36 Sun 29-Oct-17 22:07:12

Ugh.. went through the exact same thing. My morning sickness didn't go away until the second trimester unfortunately. Anything I did or smelled made me sick and because of it lost lots of weight. Couldn't eat anything at all. All food made me want to vomit. Fresh air and ice cold water made me feel better. I always had the windows down in the car and that seemed to help. Fortunately it does go awaysmile and after get ready for the cravings! Hang in there. x

scrivette Sun 29-Oct-17 22:13:31

Make sure you stay hydrated as it can make you feel even worse - ice cubes and lollies help and I found tiny sips of ice cold water through a straw was just about bearable.

moonmaker Sun 29-Oct-17 22:18:01

Sorry you're feeling like this , I had relentless morning sickness with all three pregnancies , although it cleared up halfway through my pregnancies . What helped massively was peppermint sweets- the type made with real peppermint .

keepingbees Sun 29-Oct-17 22:28:38

As others have said ice cold water in sips. Also cold coke helped too (not ideal I know but just small sips) it helped me burp which seemed to relieve the nausea a bit. Also sour apple sweets, they got me through many a sicky school run!
I’ve heard arrow root biscuits are good for sickness too. And the pressure point wrist bands, though they didn’t make a difference to me personally but some people find they do.
It will pass eventually x

thingymaboob Sun 29-Oct-17 22:51:53

It sounds like you might have hyperemesis gravidarum. If that's the case, natural remedies are absolute bullshit. You need to see a GP and get some anti sickness medication. I had it bad for well over 10 weeks and lost 9kg. I'm still sick every week and I'm 30 weeks. On 3 different types of anti sickness medication. You are not alone, it's debilitating. There's a big support network of women who are going through it.
Please read the information on https://www.pregnancysicknesssupport.org.uk
And contact them.

Mrstobe90 Sun 29-Oct-17 23:05:01

You poor thing! I was the same and it was awful! Literally took sick bags with me everywhere and had a Tupperware in the car, just in case.

One thing that really helped me was to never let myself get hungry. Eating little and often does help.
Another thing I found helpful we’re ready salted crisps (never salt and vinegar! They are the worst things to puke up lol)

I hope you start feeling better soon xx

Lozmatoz Mon 30-Oct-17 13:27:02

Vitamin B6! I sang recommend it enough. It changed my (nausea) life! Sea sickness bands too. Do NOT get hungry either.

WLAH Mon 30-Oct-17 13:31:41

Mine ended when I give birth. My full sympathies

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now