Talk

Advanced search

Trying to concieve after pill

(7 Posts)
Mummylaura1988 Sun 29-Oct-17 20:30:56

Me and my partner are ttc I was on the pill for 2 months to try and regulate my periods which it did so I stopped taking the pill now. My last period was 28th September and up to now I haven't had another since although I had all the typical period pains and bloating etc when I was due my period but still nothing. I took a test this morning which was negative. Has anybody else been through this and how long has it taken to concieve?

AdalindSchade Sun 29-Oct-17 20:33:18

If you went on the pill to regulate your periods then you already had issues with your periods right? 2 months on the pill shouldn't affect your fertility. I think you should go talk to the GP.

teabagfreak Sun 29-Oct-17 20:35:46

I was on the pill for about 12 years and came off it July 2016, finally fell pregnant in June 2017 so it took 11 months for me to conceive but everyone is different. I think the stress of trying probably made it harder to conceive and the worry of not being able to conceive, we started to relax a bit more and it happened without timing it. My periods took a while to get back to normal when first coming off the pill and were all over the place to begin with.

Now 20wk pregnant and got our scan tomorrow ☺️

Mummylaura1988 Sun 29-Oct-17 20:39:33

My periods have been all over the place for a while. I was in hospital last year having major surgery and lots of CT and mri scans which can damage your fertility etc. And since being in hospital etc they haven't really been the same since. I've looked up ways to predict when your ovulating etc and I'm sure that I ovulated this month but nothing in the way of a period has come yet. X

teabagfreak Sun 29-Oct-17 20:46:16

@Mummylaura1988 I would speak to your GP if your really concerned.

Also, maybe buy the ovulation sticks to try and narrow down exactly when you are ovulating.

Everything went through my mind when I was ttc and googling things just made me worse!

Mummylaura1988 Sun 29-Oct-17 20:51:15

Thank-you for your advise. I think I will get some off the ovulation tests so I can see when and if I am. Just don't understand why I was getting all the typical period pains and bloating etc the other day and now nothing but not pregnant. With definitely book in to see my GP aswell.

teabagfreak Sun 29-Oct-17 20:54:22

Good luck to you 🤞

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now