Talk

Advanced search

Should I have a baby to help my grief? Help??

(7 Posts)
Katie1989x Sun 29-Oct-17 20:22:08

Hello wanting some help please. I've recently lost my mum I'm very hurt and lost. I have two healthy children but always thought about having another. Even more now I've lost my mum. I have a boy and a girl everyone nearly is telling me to stick at two. But I'm only 28 and feel like I'm not finished but I don't know. Has anyone been in a similar situation. Thankyou xxx

Needadvicetoleave Sun 29-Oct-17 21:17:59

Have another if you want another and can afford it financially and emotionally. But it won't help your grief and may well make it worse.

Deal with the grief first, then decide. What's your DP say?

JetCityWoman Sun 29-Oct-17 21:21:24

No. Deal with the grief of your mothers death first. You are still raw and vulnerable and looking for purpose in your mum's death.

Give yourself time to grieve. My worry would be a baby becomes the thing to hide you from the pain of losing your mum storing up issues for later.

Katie1989x Sun 29-Oct-17 21:43:32

Thankyou for your advice. Yes I think I would need to leave it a while before I stopped my pill if we decided. My husband doesn't really want anymore but he isn't 100% against it. Xx

Oysterbabe Sun 29-Oct-17 22:21:12

My mum died suddenly a couple of months ago. I don't think having my baby is going to help my grief at all, I just feel incredibly sad that he won't ever meet her and my other child did.

Hotpinkangel19 Sun 05-Nov-17 10:57:20

My mum passed away in June and 11 weeks later my dad died. I’m 31 weeks pregnant and am dealing with the loss of both parents plus being pregnant and it’s so hard. Look after yourself first x

LadyRenoir Sun 05-Nov-17 19:26:06

I am in a slightly different boat, but lost my Mum and found out I was pregnant at the same time. Pregnancy, hard as it was, kept me sane and made me look after myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now