Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Nervous about spotting

(4 Posts)
Twilight33 Sun 29-Oct-17 19:04:33

I found out 2 days ago I’m pregnant, very early stages (2 weeks+6). Since finding out (I had 3 positive tests including a Clear Blue which placed me at 2-3 weeks) I’ve had brown spotting/stringy discharge (soz) - mainly noticeable when I wipe with a tiny bit on the pad once or twice. I’ve had a few twinges as well, not painful though.
I’ve had a minor issue the last few years (since having my son, who’s almost 4) with a sensation of pressure in my ovaries (on RHS) - scans have suggested this is the result of harmless ovarian cysts, but I’ve noticed it more the last couple of weeks, although could be coincidence.
Basically I’m really nervous as had no spotting/discharge at all in first pregnancy (appreciate each time is different) and it feels like a bit of a waiting game...aware that with no previous bad history of pregnancies, I won’t be able to have a scan until 6 weeks at the earliest :-(
Not sure if the GP might do 2 blood tests to look at my hormone levels etc, see if they are increasing or decreasing?
Don’t really think there’s anything I can do except wait it out for a few weeks, but it’s pretty nerve-wracking!

thingymaboob Sun 29-Oct-17 19:19:16

@Twilight33
It's a nervewracking time. I've had brown stringy discharge at 6/7 weeks with both pregnancies. First one was a miscarriage and I'm currently 30 weeks with my second. It's just a waiting game. There's nothing that can be done at this stage. You will just have to see what happens. Good luck

Twilight33 Mon 30-Oct-17 10:11:37

Started to bleed heavily this morning and a further pregnancy test came out negative, so pretty sure this was a chemical pregnancy sad. Obviously disappointing but glad this happened early on at least. We will keep trying...

thingymaboob Mon 30-Oct-17 13:22:48

I'm so sorry to hear that. I had an early miscarriage too but am now 30 weeks pregnant after ttc for 3 months. Take some time to heal and good luck xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now