Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Whinge re: ELCS

(11 Posts)
jmscp2015 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:59:26

Just wanted to have a whinge -

Baby is Breech and I don’t want to try ECV so will opt for ELCS.

I obviously want a natural birth but it’s not going to happen if she doesn’t turn.

Why is everybody I tell so disappointed for me? I just want my baby here safely I don’t care how she comes out.

Whinge over smile

OuchBollocks Sun 29-Oct-17 16:10:01

A 'natural' childbirth is feted as a way to keep women in their place. Our suffering is our due as the inferior sex and descendants of Eve who sinned and had humans tossed out of Eden. Pain is good because we deserve it, the patriarchy says so to keep us in our place and bickering amongst one another. More articulate than me.

Anyway I had a VB and an ELCS, one was sore during and after, once was sore after. Neither was a magical life affirming thing for me. Good luck with your birth and new baby, and ignore the judgy head tilters. They keep judging and head tilting unfortunately.

Wolfiefan Sun 29-Oct-17 16:12:27

I think some people feel disappointed if they don't get the birth they hoped for.
My second was a planned home, water birth. That was until I started bleeding. She was born in a big hospital. The community MW seemed to think I would feel somehow cheated or otherwise upset. I was just glad she and I were safe!

jmscp2015 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:52:13

Thanks @OuchBollocks

And I totally understand people getting disappointed with not getting the birth they want @Wolfiefan I’m fine with whatever birth I get, as long as it’s safe for us both, as you where lol. smile

I just don’t know where the disappointment is coming from, it’s not their birth! So why are they so bothered! confused

Wolfiefan Sun 29-Oct-17 17:08:04

I felt she was really concerned about me! Maybe worried that the disappointment would trigger PND.
I was actually relieved to be in hospital. No it wasn't what I wanted or planned. But I was bleeding and suddenly went into full blown (took my breath away and couldn't call for help) labour. She was born in under an hour. Glad that I wasn't at home. Maybe with my eldest seeing and hearing it all!
Safe and with a healthy baby at the end. That's the very best birth there is.

RaeCJ82 Sun 29-Oct-17 17:13:10

I had an EMCS, OP, and was initially a bit disappointed but then I read some gruesome stories about just what childbirth can do to your lady parts as well as other bits down there and related bodily functions. DD is now 5 months old, I’m completely healed and my bits are as intact as they were before I had her. I thank my lucky stars for this regularly! 😂

jmscp2015 Sun 29-Oct-17 17:33:52

@RaeCJ82 haha, got to look on the bright side eh winkgrin

Bobbybobbins Sun 29-Oct-17 17:49:50

I was going to have an ELCS then baby decided to come the day before and ended up with another EMCS. All my family had had 'natural births' so was ready for some comments. I don't know why people think it is any of their business!!

Oysterbabe Sun 29-Oct-17 18:59:36

I guess they just assume that you're disappointed so are trying to be supportive? Most women want a VB I think.

BendydickCuminsnatch Sun 29-Oct-17 19:01:27

That's weird! I'm having an ELCS on the 6th and haven't had anyone say this kind of thing. Although I did want a c section pre-TTC so come to think of it maybe it's because I never expressed a desire for another vaginal birth.

BendydickCuminsnatch Sun 29-Oct-17 19:02:46

gruesome stories about just what childbirth can do to your lady parts as well as other bits down there and related bodily functions.

Exactly why I'm having an ELCS, hahah! Still recovering from that birth 2.5 years later!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now