Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm so excited - we get to finally meet our son later!

(11 Posts)
ethelfleda Sun 29-Oct-17 13:51:10

Hi everyone.
Posting this as we have decided not to tell family or friends that I'm being induced later.
My waters broke at midnight - 38 weeks exactly and this is our first. They've booked me in for induction at 10pm tonight in case Labour doesn't start by then (had what feels like constant but mild period pain since but no contractions) and I can't quite believe that we will get to meet our son soon! I am so excited.
Spending the day lying around whilst sleeping and eating to get my strength up. DH is doing the nesting on my behalf smile

Anyone else close to meeting their baby??

DeadDoorpost Sun 29-Oct-17 13:52:55

37 weeks today but possibly sooner than that. Good luck with yours and congratulations! I'd like to keep my birth as quiet as possible from family too

Oysterbabe Sun 29-Oct-17 13:57:48

Good luck! Be prepared for the fact that induction can take a while though.
My waters broke before labour started last time and I did go into labour about 12 hours later. Try and do a bit of bouncing on your ball or standing up rocking your hips, get baby's head rubbing on your cervix to encourage dilation.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sun 29-Oct-17 13:59:52

How exciting!! Induction can take a while well for me it did but hope your doesn't.

ethelfleda Sun 29-Oct-17 14:01:16

Thanks Oyster I do have a ball so I shall go and have a bounce in a bit.

deaddoorpost I just can't be arsed with a barrage of texts asking for constant updates and people turning up to hospital uninvited! Thought it'd be better to announce his arrival after we are all settled etc.

DeadDoorpost Sun 29-Oct-17 14:12:14

ethel all our family live 350 miles away so even if we texted them when I started going into labour we'd have a good 5 hours head start on them all turning up.

MollyHuaCha Sun 29-Oct-17 14:18:37

Good luck OP!

NapQueen Sun 29-Oct-17 14:19:48

Good luck! And a great way of doing it.

Warhammerwidow89 Sun 29-Oct-17 14:23:09

Good luck OP! Sounds like a plan I had my gran turn up unannounced at the hospital with a dressing gown because hospitals are cold and obviously don't have heating. hmm was only supposed to be dropping something off, she stayed til the early hours.

Hope your little man is here soon

DumbledoresPensieve Sun 29-Oct-17 14:30:57

Good luck OP! I was exactly the same as you, we didn't tell anyone at all when my waters broke or indeed until DS had been born. My labour didn't start so 24 hours later I was induced (and we spent the whole 24 hours beforehand wondering if every little wind pain was a contraction 😂). We had a lovely day at home being excited and making final preparations before baby's arrival.

Hope it goes well. Induction can take ages - mine took a day and a half - so take things to do in hospital while you wait. Try to walk about as much as you can once you're allowed. Hope yours is nice and quick.

ethelfleda Sun 29-Oct-17 14:58:25

Thank you everyone!
I'm actually quite pleased - having a really lovely day at home. Sun is shining and I'm on a Harry Potter marathon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now