Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

TMI - Leaking

(9 Posts)
WaitingTillJuly17 Sun 29-Oct-17 13:43:18

Hi all, just looking for someone to calm me down and tell me I’ve pissed myself basically.

I’m 18 weeks pregnant and today whilst standing I felt a small(ish) hush similar to when your period starts if any of you get that. I rushed to the loo thinking it might be blood but was completely clear, didn’t smell too much but definitely not like wee (I know, I know gross!). Have been for a wee just in case but I didn’t feel like I needed to go and only managed a trickle (maybe because I’d already just pissed myself.... 😳).

I also have I little back ache like period cramps but not that strong and tbh I’ve had back/hip ache in various places over the last week or two which I’m putting down to standard pregnancy aches.

So, set me straight.... have I just pissed myself or should I be worried?

DeadDoorpost Sun 29-Oct-17 13:44:41

My go-to for anything I'm not sure of is to phone your midwife. Put a pad on and see if it happens again at all but better to be safe than sorry.

guinnessguzzler Sun 29-Oct-17 13:49:48

Please don't be worried but please do contact your midwife now, or the alternative contact you have for out of hours it being a Sunday.

They would far rather check you out than leave it. I had bleeding at about that stage in my first pregnancy, it was actually fine but they did a scan etc to check which was very reassuring. They said they would always rather check you out than leave it, even if you think it may be nothing.

WaitingTillJuly17 Sun 29-Oct-17 14:30:39

Ok, I’ve called the midwife out of hours and someone will be getting back to me within the hour. It’s sort of made me more worried but like you say, it’s better to get it checked.

fishfingerSarnies Sun 29-Oct-17 17:45:34

I hope you’ve just wet yourself! If nothing is still coming out then I’m gessing it’s just wee or discharge.

WaitingTillJuly17 Sun 29-Oct-17 18:11:26

Nothing much since this afternoon, midwife said to wear a sanitary towel and keep an eye on it, but is most likely discharge which can apparently be very watery during pregnancy.

So I might not have peed my pants after all, although I had to laugh as when I told DH about it and that I might have peed myself he just went "well I hear that can happen, don't worry" and gave me a hug! One of the reasons I'm glad he grew up with three sisters, nothing phases him!

KMoKMo Sun 29-Oct-17 18:22:46

I’ve had this most of my current pregnancy with discharge. Suddenly I’ll feel a leak and get soggy knickers.
I also had horrendous discharge during my first pregnancy which resulted in a 28 weeker.
I suffer from recurrent thrush but didn’t realise as my symptoms in pregnancy are different. I assume the watery discharge is an attempt by my system to flush it out and away??
If it continues maybe request a swab to check for infection.

guinnessguzzler Sun 29-Oct-17 20:49:55

Aah, great news, glad all is well!

Mrstobe90 Sun 29-Oct-17 23:10:50

I was thinking it sounds like discharge! It’s sucks but I’m sure it means all is fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now