Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is it miscarriage ?

(8 Posts)
1234meg Sun 29-Oct-17 13:39:00

6 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Haven't had much in the way of symptoms, had some minor fluctuating symptoms but nothing major. Yesterday i felt my cervix as I've read it should be high up and soft and it's actually very low and very hard. This worried me, on top of that this morning when I went to the toilet I noticed a small amount of red blood on the tissue, I put a pad on to see if there was any more and none as of yet. I feel like I'd feel better if I had at least one obvious symptom that stayed with me but I don't even have that. I had a early miscarriage about 2 months ago so I don't know if I'm just worrying myself?

Peanutty86 Mon 30-Oct-17 07:09:41

Sorry about your loss...
I always find it very hard to describe my cervix, I’m 4+4 and would say it’s hard and tiny and rather low? Any chance that you might have just scratched yourself internally when checking your cervix? Many woman don’t have that many symptoms. If you’re worried, ring your gp or midwife if you have one already?

meltingmarshmallows Mon 30-Oct-17 07:15:21

Is it possible you’ve made yourself bleed? I would try to avoid checking it again. But speak to your GP / midwife if you’re worried.

Lozmatoz Mon 30-Oct-17 07:20:07

You’re so early to have any symptoms. You just need to hold tight for now.

ladymelbourne1926 Mon 30-Oct-17 07:29:29

I’m sorry about your previous miscarriage.
Is it possible you made yourself bleed checking your cervix, nails make it very easy to do?
I would speak to your midwife if you’re worried, or call epu and ask for advice, but they may not do anything given how early you are.

CL1982 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:46:08

I second not checking your cervix! It can scratch it. Definitely go to your Gp or check and see if you have a walk in EPU near you?

Polly99 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:55:21

You really need to try to relax.
Cervices behave individually and feeling position etc is subjective (it really won’t tell you much unless you feel it regularly, and even then I’ve never managed to confirm pregnancy from my cervix).
There will also be a lot more blood around that general area at the moment and so spotting is not uncommon, particularly after you’ve touched it!
No symptoms at 6 weeks is normal.
The only way of knowing if your pregnancy is ongoing is with a scan, but that will only offer temporary reassurance.
Try to keep busy and distract yourself with other things. With luck you’ll be fine (the odds are definitely on your side).

1234meg Mon 30-Oct-17 11:08:51

Thanks for your replies! I got an emergency appointment with the doctor yesterday but she didn't check my bloods nor did she scan me. She done a urine test to check for infection and reassured me (as all of you have) that it should be fine. It's horrible being only a short amount along, it's literally just a waiting game. I haven't had any more blood touch wood. My boobs were sore for a couple of days now they're not again. I guess I just need to wait and see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now