Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How did you announce your pregnancy involving siblings?

(12 Posts)
powderbluerose Sun 29-Oct-17 12:15:50

I’m still ttc so jumping the gun here!!! But I love thinking of how I’d announce, I just find it quite a positive thing to look forward to when in the 2ww. I have one dc.

Wondering how others announced theirs?! smile

DeadDoorpost Sun 29-Oct-17 12:23:03

We told ours over Skype as it was Easter and held up the small Easter eggs and told them our baby was that size at the time. (We live 350 miles away and I was seriously sick so no.chance of travelling to see them)

Dozer Sun 29-Oct-17 12:25:18

Straightforward phone call, email or announcement is fine.

Consideration necessary if any your siblings might want DC and for any reason might not be able to at this time (or ever).

Dozer Sun 29-Oct-17 12:26:05

Oh sorry, you mean involving DC1!

Do you mean telling DC1 or involving DC1 in telling others?!

Kragghooooooullllll Sun 29-Oct-17 12:26:46

We got dd to say "my mummy's got a baby in her tummy!"

Dozer Sun 29-Oct-17 12:29:38

we didn’t tell DC1 until pregnancy was physically visible and were low key and factual about it. (I had several mcs.)

Khaleesi0 Sun 29-Oct-17 12:40:21

A friend of mine went to her patio put a pair of her partner’s shoes with year of birth in chalk underneath, same with a pair of hers and her 2 children, then put a pair of booties with 2018 underneath... so cute!

Khaleesi0 Sun 29-Oct-17 12:40:52

If that makes sense?! confused

Frogqueen13 Sun 29-Oct-17 13:18:40

We went out for dinner and the kids were eating pudding ages 5 and 9 and I said "can the baby have a bit of that?" My youngest just gave me a spoonful. Then I said it again and my eldest went but we don't have a baby... and my husband pops up yes we do and it's in mummy's tummy!

DeadDoorpost Sun 29-Oct-17 13:55:40

I've just realised too that you mean DCs so totally ignore my post! I totally read over that sentence.

powderbluerose Sun 29-Oct-17 14:01:44

Sorry, to clarify I mean I was thinking of doing a fun announcement to DH and friends/family involving my dd. smile

A couple of friends have announced with their eldest dc wearing a t shirt saying big brother and I thought that was cute.

ArkadyRose Sun 29-Oct-17 14:37:16

I told my eldest two over FB Messenger - dd1 is 24 and dd2 is 22, and they both know I've had a lot of m/cs, so they were both cautiously happy for me. Dd2 has a little son who'll be 1 in December so we were joking over how funny it was that he might end up with an aunt or uncle who's younger than he is. grin

We haven't told dd3 yet, as she's 10 and has ASD - so whilst she's very smart, she has very high anxiety levels and is rather emotionally immature. We told her at 10 weeks with my last pregnancy, only for me to lose it at 12 weeks which was very upsetting for her - she was only 6 at the time. She's had so long being effectively an only child that I'm not sure how she'll react. DH and I originally planned to say nothing until I reach 12 weeks, but she's far too smart and I suspect she might figure it out before then and will be hurt we didn't tell her sooner. I'm thinking we might have to break it to her gently on Tuesday after I have my first scan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now