Talk

Advanced search

Any suggestions on moisturiser?

(11 Posts)
Kespepper Sun 29-Oct-17 11:58:18

I am just reaching the end of my first trimester. I have read all the information and booklets given to me by my midwife. There are a lot of articles about using a moisturiser to help limit stretch marks, but there are no suggestions. I have read that essential oils should be limited in pregnancy, especially if they are rubbed on the skin, and most of the moisturiser I currently have has essential oils in. Anyone have any recommendations? thlconfused

FuzzyOwl Sun 29-Oct-17 12:09:54

If you just want a moisturiser to prevent stretch marks, then you won’t find one. It’s genetic whether you get them or not and no cream can go deep enough to really make a difference. If you want to get rid of itchy skin and deeply moisturise though, I’d recommend bathing in a moisturising oil and just rubbing something like Aveeno on.

Ct17218 Sun 29-Oct-17 15:10:37

I’m using coconut oil smile it smells great, completely natural and can be used everywhere. Even good for sore nippples after birth if BF as it can be ingested with no harm to baby. I like that I can put it in the bath too and it moisturises you while you relax!

filou87 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:42:29

Coconut oil for me too. 31 weeks and no stretchmarks yet. I'm also using it a night time facial moisturiser too. Smells gorgeous.

Kespepper Sun 29-Oct-17 17:11:14

Ooh good tips. Thanks will have to check it out. I like that the coconut oil is not harmful if baby ingests it. Is it oily on the skin though?

Ct17218 Sun 29-Oct-17 18:32:14

Not if you do t put too much on and run it in well, skin soaks it up well

MRSTIGERTOES Sun 29-Oct-17 18:40:01

I'm using Neals Yard Remedies Mother's Balm and would definitely recommend it. It leaves the skin feeling lovely and smooth after application

user1493413286 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:46:05

I used cocoa butter for pregnancy every morning and bio oil every night on boobs, bump and back throughout my pregnancy and got no street marks. From what I read the creams don’t make a whole lot of difference and it’s mostly genetics but my theory was that I might as well try and it helps with the stretching feeling as you get bigger

CL1982 Sun 29-Oct-17 23:23:44

I've gone for a whole lovely mix of bio oil, Neil's yard mum stuff, Cowshed stretch mark stuff, coco butter and rose hip oil. Seems to be working!!

Kespepper Tue 31-Oct-17 18:24:12

I must admit if it's down to genetics then I'm most probably getting huge stretch marks, however it would be nice to pamper myself a little just to feel normal again, I've had the worst all day sickness and vomiting. I will go to town thus weekend with your suggestions grin

canthavethenameiwant Tue 31-Oct-17 22:49:41

Both my last pregnancies I've used body shop body butter, I have very minimal stretch marks, just in my third and started on it today! The Shea one smells gorgeous

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now