Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Painting in pregnancy

(9 Posts)
teabagfreak Sun 29-Oct-17 08:33:58

Hi (first post 😊)

I’m 20wks pregnant and really want to start painting areas in the house (Just emulsioning walls) I’m the one who normally does this in our house, as quite enjoy it. Has anyone done this and should it be okay? Obviously going to leave high areas to OH. Feeling bored and just want to start freshening up the house.

MagicMoneyTree Sun 29-Oct-17 08:43:23

Yeah it’ll be fine.

Bubblesblue Sun 29-Oct-17 08:49:04

I'm 25 weeks and have been painting. Though for extra peace of mind I've been wearing a mask and keeping windows open. I find it relaxing!

teabagfreak Sun 29-Oct-17 08:52:45

Yeah I was considering wearing mask and keeping windows open! I have been debating all weekend whether or not to do it! Glad to hear from others it’s okay as OH and family have been warning me against it.

HaHaHmm Sun 29-Oct-17 08:53:59

With low VOC paint and a window open I think you have nothing to worry about.

MagicMoneyTree Sun 29-Oct-17 08:55:00

They’ll start warning you about dying your hair next 🙄

teabagfreak Sun 29-Oct-17 08:58:15

It’s my first pregnancy and honestly feel like I’m being wrapped in cotton wool! I’m obviously not going to be doing anything that could potentially harm my baby... give me a break I still need to live 😂🙄

The painting is happening today 👍👍

InThisTogether Sun 29-Oct-17 09:01:03

Yes I did our house at about 26 weeks. It makes you feel so much better. I did a really awkward bit and pulled a muscle in my tummy though so get your oh to do any tiny corners you can't reach!
Enjoy!

RaeCJ82 Sun 29-Oct-17 09:36:55

I painted whilst I was pregnant with DD. I also sanded down a door and painted that. All fine. Born at a very healthy 10lb 1oz and is currently wriggling away next to me, refusing to go down for her nap! 🙈

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: