Talk

Advanced search

I don't know whether to laugh or cry lol.. If u fancy a chuckle

(17 Posts)
CinnamonAndSpice Sun 29-Oct-17 00:55:32

So battling with insomnia lately .. And tonight for the first time I got in bed and was shattered, Dp fell asleep and I felt myself doze off. In that lovely type sleep where you can kinda hear what's going on around you. But your nearly soundo.
So there was a noise outside that startled me a bit and for some reason I ' dreamt' I was under a wooden crate and a massive spider walked towards me. Now I'm sure at this point I had my eyes open.
Even so
I jumped up so fast bolt upright from almost laid on belly.
Resulted in crap in one calf and in lower abdomen. The abdomen part went quick. My calf is still killing lol

End result is, couldn't fall back to sleep, dp soundo so I'm now sat in lounge thinking wtf was that, wide awake. And more freaked that that spider looked real Altho it was the size of a saucer lmao

When I had a snooze this afternoon. I dreamed that my neighbour needed soil for a small pot plant. I didn't have any ( we live in a flat but we do put a few in the landing) I then dreamt that she then went out in stealth mode emptying our lovely downstairs neighbours massive pot just to fill hers.. Lol.

DeadDoorpost Sun 29-Oct-17 01:00:59

A crap in your calf sounds ominous 😉
I've sadly not had any amusing dreams. Mine currently consist of pent up anger towards family members and it rotates. Currently on DH and him booking a honeymoon to London whixh did actually happen 2 years ago but was better than what happened in the dream. Have previously dreamt that I've had a massive argument with a sister of mine. That's from many years of pent up anger towards her.
And then there's been the pregnancy dreams where I've always given birth whixh not feeling it happen or being asleep. And it's always a girl despite the fact I'm being much having a boy.

CinnamonAndSpice Sun 29-Oct-17 01:04:10

Oh cramp even 😂

DeadDoorpost Sun 29-Oct-17 01:08:11

To be fair we had a spider on our ceiling last night. DH didn't catch It, o couldn't as it was above my desk and I'm 37 weeks so I'm not climbing on a chair and leaning over to try and get it. Woke up thinking about spiders but didn't know why until I sat down for breakfast and suddenly remembered.... No sign of it and now I know it's in the house somewhere but I don't know where and it'll bug me forever.
It's not a big one but it's big enough.

CinnamonAndSpice Sun 29-Oct-17 01:09:30

I've always been the type to have odd dreams bit wow pregnancy took y it to a whole new level lol.
I've had anger ones, insecure ones. Which I have no idea why as never insecure

I had one the other week. The day I got treated bottles and steriliser. That I'd gone into labour early. The hospital said we'll even tho you're early and have nothing at home yet we have no room so just go.. So off we went trying to wrap the baby in whatever we could find and find a shop that was open to buy what we needed. With a baby wrapped in a Bath mat. Lol. Didn't even know if was a boy or girl lol
Which was the daftest thing. As I'm so organised at 21 weeks we got everything literally for newborn. Only thing to get is baby sponges and a cot for after the crib. So weird how the mind works.

CinnamonAndSpice Sun 29-Oct-17 01:10:34

The day I brought not treated. Sleepy typing

DeadDoorpost Sun 29-Oct-17 01:13:05

Same on the crazy dream front. I have vivid dreams anyway but these are just nuts sometimes. Before i had my 12 week scan i dreamt I gave birth to twins. Only o have birth to a boy while asleep? And then a few days later in the dream gave birth to the girl. Woke up in the dream from that to find I actually had triplets.

We have a huge history if twins on both sides of the family. It drove me nuts until the scan put my mind at ease of just the one.

DeadDoorpost Sun 29-Oct-17 01:13:52

Only I gave birth

Mrstobe90 Sun 29-Oct-17 01:54:39

My pregnancy dreams have been soooo crazy! Like I couldn’t even begin to describe them.
Write them down when you wake up! It’ll give you something to giggle at when you’ve had the baby smile

Kittymum03 Sun 29-Oct-17 02:05:27

Oh, OP I'm not pregnant, but half awake, half asleep bug dreams, I used to have those all the time! I've never heard of anybody else!
Back in the days before kids, sometimes I would come home from a long shift & try to have a nap. Half the time I would be laying there then she this massive bug, spider, beetle, any bug, would be coming at me across the bed. So real that I always leapt up & searched for it.. They became so common that when I had one I would be thinking 'It's not a real bug, it's one of your dreams, you don't need to get up' but I could never will myself to stay still, just in case this one was real! Weird.

Maybe somebody in the know will come & tell us what they mean smile
I hope you sleep better tonight.

Kittymum03 Sun 29-Oct-17 02:06:43

see not she. I don't know if they were male or female bugs grin

MsJuniper Sun 29-Oct-17 04:55:53

I’m 17 wks and awake after having a very detailed dream about the apocalypse. Reading MN threads to try and take my mind off it!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sun 29-Oct-17 14:54:44

I had some weird dreams in the early stages of pregnancy. I had one we're me and Britney Spears were best friends and were out for dinner 😂 I'm not a Britney fan in the slightest lol

User45632874 Sun 29-Oct-17 16:30:45

No amusing dreams here either unfortunately. But as deaddoorpost mentioned regarding family, I have reflected a lot in quiet moments on my very dysfunctional extended family situation and have been dwelling a lot on my past, hoping to have some more light-hearted thoughts/dreams soon!

HolyShmoly Sun 29-Oct-17 18:03:55

Both dh and I had dreams on Friday night. We had the early scan on Saturday morning so I'm sure it was playing on our minds. I dreamt that we got this amazing chateaux type hide in Italy but DH had another wife. I was kind of ok with this as I was the main wife and he was only with her cause of the house, but then it turns out that she didn't know that we were trying for a baby, never mind that I was pregnant! I was raging with him about that. Then I ran out of the house (while thinking it really was gorgeous) and met an old man who gave me a pineapple seed plucked from his big belly! I didn't know how to say thank you in Italian! Decipher that if you can!

DH dreamt that we bumped into a couple we know. She used to be my best friend but fell out with me last year and never told me why, it was very upsetting at the time. In his dream we had it out and started fighting, then her boyfriend tried to start on me
DH tried to back me up but I yelled at him that he wasn't allowed to fight and then I beat the other two. DH sp3nt a lot of time teaching me how to punch and trying to teach me some.self defence so I think this was him dealing with the fact that I have to deal with the pregnancy thing on my own. He can't do it for me!

Fannyfannakerpants Sun 29-Oct-17 19:47:25

I seem to get one thing in my head dream about it all night. Last week, after helping my son with maths homework, it was number bonds to 20. It was a long and boring night.

2ducks2ducklings Sun 29-Oct-17 20:47:08

My husband is well aware of the mad pregnancy dreams. I suffer with those vivid 'night terror' type dreams generally anyway, but during my first and second trimester (when I actually managed sleep) they really ramped up a gear. Most nights some sort of huge bug would be bearing down on me from the ceiling. If it wasn't insects, random cats would be jumping through the window! I surprised myself regularly with my agility, especially since I struggle to get upright usually!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now