Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anterior placenta and 4D scan

(5 Posts)
Hannah91x Sat 28-Oct-17 22:06:40

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone else has had an issue getting a 4D scan because they have an anterior placenta? I'm 30 weeks and went for a scan today but couldn't see my baby's face at all because of my stupid anterior placenta envy the sonographer told me to walk around for 15 mins and have a cold drink but there was no change at all. They re-booked me in for Tuesday but got a feeling it won't be much different! Has anyone had a similar experience or managed to get a good shot of the face with an anterior? X

Nat291 Sun 29-Oct-17 20:21:19

I have a an anterior placenta and my 4D scan went fine. It may just be that he was laid in a funny position.

Fingers crossed you manage to get some good piccys on Tuesday 😀

Boringnamechange1 Sun 29-Oct-17 21:49:08

I had a private one at 26 weeks and the sonographer said that it's best to get one around then if you have an anterior placenta so I did manage to get clear pictures. I had another one at 37 weeks the day before i gave birth and got clear shots of her face although it was more difficult this time and she had her face buried into my placenta most of them time.

Hannah91x Thu 02-Nov-17 13:04:18

@Nat291 and @Boringnamechange1 thank you for your replies! ❤️ we managed to get one picture before he snuggled back into my placenta!

guest477337 Thu 02-Nov-17 13:53:55

Sorry my name changed it's nat 😀 ah how cute ❤️ much clearer than my photos, bet your so happy you got a good one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now