Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Vaginal Cyst...

(11 Posts)
coconutandalmonds Sat 28-Oct-17 16:55:04

For the past 3 days I have been in almost excruciating pain because of a cyst down there! Do I have to wait this out or is it something I have to get treatment for? And if so, do I have to wait for Monday??

It hurts to lay sit or stand and even woke me during the night last night with pain sadsad

coconutandalmonds Sat 28-Oct-17 16:55:29

Sorry should have said, 18 weeks pregnant

f1sher Sat 28-Oct-17 19:23:45

Hi, sorry to hear you’re in pain! flowers

I had a bartholin cyst removed three years - the only time it ever caused me pain was when it got infected and ruptured, so I think it’s definitely worth a call to 111, as they will be able to refer you to out of hours.

For relief, I’d suggest a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel, which you can park under yourself, as the heat should soothe. If you have any Epsom salts knocking around the house, then a handful of those in a shallow bath will also help your sore parts.

Really hope you feel better soon, let me know how you get on xx

coconutandalmonds Sat 28-Oct-17 22:44:28

Thank you f1sher, I called 111 after I read your message and spoke to a nurse, she is going to get the out of hours doctor to give me a call and see me ASAP. I feel like it's just getting worse sad

f1sher Sun 29-Oct-17 02:15:37

Hope you’ve had a call back by now and they’ve given you some good advice. I do remember how painful it is, you just don’t know what to do with yourself!
Fingers crossed it will ease overnight xx

coconutandalmonds Sun 29-Oct-17 07:23:30

Morning f1sher thank you you're so kind! I'm so happy as I think it's burst overnight by itself... I did have a call back and the doctor said I should go to EPU but by the time I had put the phone down I realised it's not open until Monday 9am.. so was going to go to A&E as the pain got worse but poor DP was shattered from a week of night shifts so agreed we would go this morning. Woke up this morning with no pain and some icky discharge, so going to soak in a bath now. Worst pain I've had in a while though!! Thinking I should speak to my GP about it incase it reoccurs... xx

f1sher Sun 29-Oct-17 08:27:31

Oh that’s a relief @coconutsansalmo ds.
It does sound like it has burst, but yes, would definitely recommend a trip to the GP tomorrow because they may want to treat the infection.
Mine did reoccur and then I was referred to have it removed (and I’m so glad I did!), but they don’t always do hope you’re in the latter camp.
Enjoy being able to lie down down with your feet up today smileflowers

Fannyfannakerpants Sun 29-Oct-17 19:58:30

Is this your first pregnancy? I get regular cysts during pregnancy, thankfully not there but I should imagine its not long until I do. My worst was on my tonsils which the doctor refused to believe until I went back spitting out puss (sorry).
What I wanted to say was that if this is your first then you may get more and go back to the doctors as soon as you feel it as they need antibiotics and can get dangerous.

coconutandalmonds Sun 29-Oct-17 20:17:56

It is my first pregnancy yes! I've had them before but never as bad as this one. My mum and my nan also suffered with them badly, although not during pregnancy I don't think. I will definitely be seeing the GP, it's still stinging when I see but that's to be expected I assume? Just so glad to have some relief after 3 days in agony!

coconutandalmonds Sun 29-Oct-17 20:18:19

When I wee that should say

f1sher Mon 30-Oct-17 17:48:06

Did you see the gp @coconuts?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now