Talk

Advanced search

Question ❓

(21 Posts)
Mrshand123 Sat 28-Oct-17 16:20:25

So I found out I was pregnant at 3weeks 3days /4 days can't remember, I am now 5 weeks 2days. Just for reassurance I took another test today and it came up straight away and pregnancy line is thicker then normal line and bit brighter. I know it's a good thing but does it mean anything else like how pregnant or even twins as I've read somewhere that if the line is brighter and comes up straight away it could mean twins. It sounds weird but I just have something saying to me that I'm carrying twins. I'm only 5 weeks, I've had sore boobs and nausea since 2 weeks before my positive test. That's my next question is there chance I could be further on? Ilike I said had sore boobs since my fertile window and my husband thought I was pregnant then. But last period was 21st Sept but before that period my cycles were 25 days and that one was 28 and lasted 3.5 days x

Santawontbelong Sat 28-Oct-17 16:24:12

Info I have read states line colour only states pregnancy not an indication of twins even if very dark.

ArkadyRose Sat 28-Oct-17 16:36:46

It only shows how much pregnancy hormone is in your urine, and that increases steadily from the start. The line being stronger and darker shows nothing more than that there's plenty of the hormone in your body. Your body will produce the same amount whether you're carrying one or multiple.

CL1982 Sat 28-Oct-17 17:01:40

This was my FRER at 19dpo. It's fun-the control line colour gets sucked out!!

blondielocks29 Sat 28-Oct-17 17:09:47

Also, if you found out around 3 weeks ish, you wouldn’t have had sore boobs/nausea generally two weeks before the test because implantation wouldn’t have occurred?
If there was a test that could detect multiple pregnancies they’d be selling it by now...

NooNooHead Sat 28-Oct-17 17:24:30

I asked the same question in my thread OP and i’m now 5w6d so we aren’t too far apart! Congrats by the way! Is it your first baby?

Mrshand123 Sat 28-Oct-17 17:56:06

Here's my first test at 3weeksish and today's at 5 weeks. First test is clearblue
I've had sore boobs since about 6th so that's why I think I'm further along. And got small bump but could be gas had terrible trapped gas 😂
I had a miscarriage few years ago so technically second but first if you get what I mean. So this will be my rainbow baby 🌈 x

outedmyselfagain Sat 28-Oct-17 17:59:59

I’ve had twins and a singleton. My tests for the twins were no darker than those for the singleton.

They do come up quicker and darker the more pregnant you are.

OuchLegoHurts Sat 28-Oct-17 18:02:14

My test was barely visible when I was pregnant with twins! And this time it was much darker (presuming I'm carrying a singleton! No scan yet)

Mrshand123 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:07:37

Fair enough, was just a silly question. Can't wait to bean in 11 days tho smile

Mrshand123 Sat 28-Oct-17 18:08:14

See

LivLemler Sat 28-Oct-17 18:18:51

I had the same at about 5 weeks (can't remember exactly) and very early symptoms - remember feeling nauseous as I brushed my teeth waiting for the test at 3w+2. I'm now 16 weeks with just the one baby!

I was also worried that having symptoms so early, especially nausea, meant I would really suffer through the first trimester. Fortunately I've been really lucky and sailed through. Hope it's the same for you!

Bez9087 Sun 29-Oct-17 05:31:38

I did a test on cd24 as I only had 24 day cycles anyway and it came up faint positive, day after it was bit stronger and confirmed with digital.
I kept having dreams it was twins, everything I read about early pregnancy twin bits I found kept popping up etc so I just put it to the fact my mind was doing over time. I had a “bump” quite early on was convinced showing too quick but also it’s my fourth pregnancy so just assumed my muscles had given up 😂 anyway skipped off nervously into early scan at 7 weeks to find two little babas and two heartbeats beating away. I’m now 16 weeks. I had a lot more nausea than I had with the singletons but the test etc still came up faint this time round.
What I’m trying to say is sometimes mothers instinct is right I couldn’t shake the feeling of twins, asked my mum what was she gonna do if twins etc like literally spoke loads about chances of twins and turns out it was because it was. I think mothers instinct isn’t always something to be ignored. Good luck at your early scan let me 🤞🏻

MagicMoneyTree Sun 29-Oct-17 08:06:48

My tests looked like yours with singleton babies. Will be interesting to find out if your hunch was right at your first scan!

Mrshand123 Mon 30-Oct-17 08:16:53

I dunno I just feel like there maybe two. Only have 9 days to find out 😂 x

Bez9087 Tue 07-Nov-17 11:16:12

When’s your scan @mrsh? Will be interesting to see if your hunch was correct?

Mrstobe90 Tue 07-Nov-17 13:19:03

I’m my tests were very dark and very clear at 13dpo and just the one baby! Had awful morning sickness though

EastDulwichWife Tue 07-Nov-17 13:44:27

@Mrshand123 is your scan tomorrow?

Mrshand123 Mon 13-Nov-17 20:51:28

We have one healthy blob with heart beat. It was so special smile

JoJoSM2 Mon 13-Nov-17 21:05:20

Congrats!

SylvesterTheCat Wed 15-Nov-17 09:09:17

Ooh congrats MrsH!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now