Talk

Advanced search

Foot massage to start Labour?

(8 Posts)
Lemonicelolly1 Sat 28-Oct-17 15:06:48

Hi,

I read somewhere earlier that a foot massage can start Labour, if you press certain pressure points.

Just wondered if anyone had tried it and if it actually worked?

Not sure I'm desperate to try it enough yet but with another week until my due date if probably won't be long until I am lol smile

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sat 28-Oct-17 15:24:25

I haven't heard of this one but if it works let me know. With my first I tried all the old wives tales and nothing worked. I just see it as baby will arrive when they are ready! Hopefully my second is on time lol

museumum Sat 28-Oct-17 15:27:29

I don’t know about reflexology and the specific points but Being very relaxed can certainly start labour. Mine started after a blissful massage. It’s to do with hormones - oxytocin and stuff.

minipie Sat 28-Oct-17 15:29:23

I think you would need to see a reflexologist rather than DIY? But have heard it can work

londonpia Sat 28-Oct-17 15:39:11

I used to see a reflexologist when I was TTC'ing and she wouldn't work on me during my most fertile time just in case I was in the early stages of pregnancy.

Lemonicelolly1 Sat 28-Oct-17 17:43:05

Thanks everyone was just curious if it actually worked smile
I suppose your right @museumum and being relaxed probably helps.
I promised myself I wouldn't make myself crazy trying to speed my Labour up but you can't help but wonder if any of these things actually work!

ForeverHopeful21 Sat 28-Oct-17 22:48:03

It might have been my post!
I'm a massage therapist, mainly prenatal, and we were always taught to avoid massaging the inner ankle, back of the ankle and pressure points on sole of foot (there are also pressure points on the hands too). Rather than trying to explain it's probably easier if you google 'pressure points to induce labour'.

I have no proof that this actually works but I've told a few clients to get their partners to massage their feet and low and behold its worked!

Lemonicelolly1 Mon 30-Oct-17 18:36:37

Thanks @foreverhopeful21 I had a look on Google and actually found it interesting! Haven't tried it yet but will be sure to update if I do smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now