Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

More dumb questions, I'm sorry!!

(5 Posts)
Northernbeachbum Sat 28-Oct-17 09:48:47

So I've got a surprise pregnancy on the go (We're happy!) But I seem to be expected to know all sorts about what I want already! So please help!

- when do I need to do my birth plan by?

- can I ask midwife advise?

- how far is too far in terms of time to get to a MLU

- embarrassing one.....sex seems to have got even better lately......does this stop? Please say No blush

- heartbeat at 8 week scan, what's the chance of all going well?

- is there anything I can do to avoid gestational diabetes

Thank you to all who answered my previous questions and these too

SweepTheHalls Sat 28-Oct-17 09:52:04

Birth plans about week 36
- can I ask midwife advise?
Of course!
- how far is too far in terms of time to get to a MLU
No ideal, none near me so wasn't an option.
- embarrassing one.....sex seems to have got even better lately......does this stop? Please say No blush
Everyone's different, and so is each pregnancy in that respect!

- heartbeat at 8 week scan, what's the chance of all going well?
Pretty good, but odds much better after a 12 week scan.
- is there anything I can do to avoid gestational diabetes
I don't think so!

Good luck and enjoy flowers

Phryne Sat 28-Oct-17 18:27:23

- when you go into labor! By 36 weeks songs smart but I'd start the conversation early as IMO it's basically a good way to make sure you and your birth partner are on the same page about what you want to happen if everything goes great (who cuts the cord? Bf? Water birth? Etc) and if it doesn't (do you want DP in if you have an EMCS? Should they stay with you or go with the baby if you're both in distress?) You'll probably have midwives you've never met so your birth partner should be your advocate
- yes, ask your midwife lots of questions and run through the plan
- do you mean how early in labor to go? I think they have different policies. You can usually do a tour so why not do that and ask them direct?
- sex no idea! Hope so
- very low risk now 98% fine www.miscarriageassociation.org.uk/information/worried-about-pregnancy-loss/ultrasound-scans/
- diet-and-exercise apparently but Google knows a lot more than me! Talk to your GP or midwife about risk levels

Did I recommend expecting better (book) to you on the other thread? It answers this sort of question by looking at the existing research. I found it very reassuring

Northernbeachbum Tue 31-Oct-17 07:26:02

Thank you, I've ordered the book now we've seen there's definitely a baby in there smile

cakesandphotos Tue 31-Oct-17 07:34:11

Are you at risk of gestational diabetes? They will test your urine but won’t do a thorough blood test unless there are certain factors. I was at risk as my dad has type 1 diabetes. I had a glucose tolerance test which was normal so if you fall into the categories required, they’ll do a GTT. Otherwise your chance of developing it are low

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now