Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

PLEASE HELP

(16 Posts)
MamaOfTwos Sat 28-Oct-17 08:19:10

I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and on the toilet I've had a lump of snotty brown discharge streaked with red blood. I have no idea what this could be and I'm panicking. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

MamaOfTwos Sat 28-Oct-17 08:20:18

Anyone? I've kept the discharge to take to hospital but I don't know if this is the right thing to do?

ScarletSienna Sat 28-Oct-17 08:20:47

Im the same number of weeks and this week have noticed a LOT more discharge. How big was the amount?

flyingpigsinclover Sat 28-Oct-17 08:21:04

Yes, I had this with both pregnancies. Both are now healthy teenagers. Keep an eye on it and don't be afraid to go to the gp for reassurance if you need it.

Dreams16 Sat 28-Oct-17 08:21:42

It could be the mucas plug but please phone the hospital to get it checked out

MamaOfTwos Sat 28-Oct-17 08:34:48

I've spoken to the hospital but I'm starting to get a really 'heavy' feeling down below, like the need for a bowel movement but at the front? I don't know how else to describe. I'm absolutely terrified and the EPAU can't see me until tomorrow and I'm not 'far enough' to warrant triage sad

Summerb Sat 28-Oct-17 08:39:53

I bleed with all three of my pregnancies and all three were fine. I was even hospitalised at 6 months due to bleeding, however all babies were full term and healthy. It’s hard not to panic but try not to worry and get yourself seen by midwife as soon as you can x

Howaboutanotherusername Sat 28-Oct-17 09:58:30

can you not give you midwife a call and try and push to get seen today

it’s probably nothing to worry about but would ease the anxiety for you

thinking of you flowersflowersflowers

minmooch Sat 28-Oct-17 14:07:20

I hope that you are feeling a bit better and that it was nothing serious. Go gently on yourself and call OOH if symptoms worsen .

CouldntCatchACold Sat 28-Oct-17 14:14:52

Go to A&E. Trust your instincts.💐

TeaAndToast85 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:24:53

I had that at 10 weeks, scared the living daylights out of me. Went to out if hours GP at 2:30am, referred to early preg unit a couple of days later, had s scan, baby was fine. I think that sometimes the cervix can get a bit sensitive and bleed for very little reason (sex, straining to have a poo). I'm not going to say please don't worry because I know that is literally impossible, but get it checked out asap so hopefully you can relax a bit. flowers

TeaAndToast85 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:26:23

Ps I agree with the poster above, call the midwives, lay it on a bit thick if you need to. X

BrutusMcDogface Sat 28-Oct-17 14:26:32

Hope all is ok. I'd get checked asap flowers

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:59:04

If your worried call up maternity unit

ScarletSienna Sat 28-Oct-17 15:04:00

Do you have an EPAU? Ours deals with women up to 18 weeks but it may be closed at weekends. Even when things are most likely to be fine, the anxiety can be exhausting.

putputput Sat 28-Oct-17 15:10:02

Was it the prenatal ward that you spoke to? If not then give them a ring and speak to midwife on duty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now