Talk

Advanced search

Time for a whinge

(125 Posts)
Mrstobe90 Sat 28-Oct-17 01:04:07

Welcome to the moaning thread!

I thought I’d make a nice little place for us to get our problems off our chests (and maybe get a virtual hug or two)
Pregnancy is bloody difficult and it’s nice knowing we’re not alone in the suffering!

Happy whining smile

Mrstobe90 Sat 28-Oct-17 01:05:28

So here’s my moan:

I’m 24 weeks and I’m in so much pain! My back, ribs and stomach all hurt all the time and even walking and sitting hurt!
It terrifies me that I still have a long way to go and it’s only going to get worse!
The only thing that keeps me going is feeling those little kicks.

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Sat 28-Oct-17 08:05:57

Awake from 4am because of baby kicking then up with toddler ds at 5:30am because he 'needed' his purple tractor. I'm so tired I want to cry. So fed up of Postman Pat.

Ct17218 Sat 28-Oct-17 10:09:16

@mrstobe90 I’m 24 weeks too, and I’m trying to drag my fat arse out for more walks but when I do I just get a stitch in my bump. Can’t win! That and if sleeping wasn’t hard enough my partner brought home a puppy the other day and all it bloody did was cry over night!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sat 28-Oct-17 10:32:39

I've 8 weeks to go and getting impatient now. Fed up of heartburn it's driving me crazy!!

AyeWhySwim Sat 28-Oct-17 11:32:05

I so need this thread today - only 8 weeks so not able to publicly moan and groan and get sympathy. Poor me. Sick of feeling sick all the time. Not sick enough to actually be sick but enough to make me feel unable to be arsed to do much. Full of cold or some such nonsense too. I'm sure DH is fed up of me being below par so I'm trying to perk up a bit. Hope this stage passes soon.

Mrstobe90 Sat 28-Oct-17 11:36:52

Massive hugs to you all!!

Waitingonasmile Sat 28-Oct-17 11:40:15

Majorly fed up here!! 29 weeks and 2 year old driving me mad. Feel so huge and heavy and tired. Why is pregnancy soooo long!?

Efferlunt Sat 28-Oct-17 11:54:47

Booked in for an induction next week. Really trying to remain positive but am a bit terrified of labour but at the same time want it to kick off naturally before then. Argh!

Julesbegone Sat 28-Oct-17 12:53:03

38+2 and have ‘the fear’ that labour won’t start naturally. Also existing mainly on chocolate and carbs, often at the same time.

Midwife has suggested sticking Evening Primrose Oil capsules up my foof. Not keen.

Julesbegone Sat 28-Oct-17 12:53:47

Should add, as it’s in the spirit of the thread, that turning over in bed is the most painful thing I’ve ever done and last night I got up 11 times to have a wee.

Mrstobe90 Sat 28-Oct-17 13:01:31

Yes to turning over in bed!! It hurts sooo much! Dreading when I'm as far along as you are! Don't know how I'll cope if I'm struggling now lol
Also getting out of bed sucks. Why does everything have to hurt?? lol

scrivette Sat 28-Oct-17 13:01:50

Oh yes, turning over in bed at night, it’s so difficult and so painful. Then I need a wee and can’t get up easily (one of those silly low beds) and then I get cramp!

Julesbegone Sat 28-Oct-17 14:55:03

I bought myself one of those massive ‘u’ shaped, long pillows, which helped me sleep for a while until I started waking up because my hips hurt/ needing a wee and then extracting myself from the thing became like a challenge from the Crystal Maze so that got ditched, in favour of a cushion which goes between my knees and seems to be doing the trick.

I think I’ve also got carpal tunnel so keep waking up with pins and needles in my hands or completely numb. Pregnancy is such a joy. This thread was a good idea!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Sat 28-Oct-17 14:58:16

Turning over at night is a pain but I also have one of those U shaped pillows I sleep so much better and it's so comfortable but yes when waking up for a pee it can be a pain to get out of it when half asleep 😂

AGnu Sat 28-Oct-17 15:26:02

37w. It takes me at least half an hour to get to sleep, usually closer to an hour. I need to turn over every 1.5-2 hours. I'm too tired to work out how much sleep I'm not getting.

I have heartburn. Everything aches. My entire family seems to be conspiring to organise things for when I'm heavily pregnant/will have a very new baby.

If one more person says "not long now", I don't think I should be held responsible for my actions. Given when previous ones arrived it's likely to be another month yet & entirely possibly on the same day as a family event. I'm envisaging feeling fine in the morning & agreeing to go only to leave early & have my fastest labour yet & deliver on the hard shoulder!

Also, my 4yo has decided toilets are no longer a necessity. I'm sick of peeling wet/dirty clothes off him & bending over to clean him up. I can barely reach my own feet, let alone bend to wipe him while he squirms.

Julesbegone Sat 28-Oct-17 15:34:04

Oh yes, heartburn!

Mrstobe90 Sat 28-Oct-17 15:38:42

AGnu That all sounds so frustrating! Sending you a hug!

I keep thinking, 'I can't wait til this is over and I can have a massive drink', and then I remember that I'm breastfeeding and it'll be even longer lol

Pain in my ribs and back has kicked off again and it's all crappy outside so I can't take the dog out!! (He's a little princess and hates rain) I kind of feel like having a full blown, toddler style tantrum!

BabyOrSanta Sat 28-Oct-17 15:39:29

Apart from the pain, my main problem is the heat. It's not overly warm here but I'm constantly boiling. In normal life I'm a cold person but now... If my mother asks if I need to bring my coat one more time...

Another one is the baby's hiccups. I'm just about to get to sleep and the baby gets hiccups for the next half hour. So I get up, make a drink, have a snack, go for a wee, do a dance, practice acrobatics then she finally stops (may or may not be joking about the dance and acrobatics). So I go back to bed, get settled and she starts again...
I'm not a fan of baby moving so I think it's just me with that...

EEandEmakes3 Sat 28-Oct-17 15:47:33

I’m 39 weeks today & I’m so fed up with the pregnancy insomnia. I’m up for hours at a time, usually between 1 & 3:30 am 😢

CherriesInTheSnow Sat 28-Oct-17 18:04:47

I'm like EE, 38+1 today and up for hours each night feeling restless, nesty and having contractions painful enough to suck but not enough to turn into labour!

Have got to a point where I can't focus on anything but going into labour, which is making the time really drag! :'(

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Sat 28-Oct-17 18:11:00

Jules why on earth does the midwife want to put evening primrose oil up your foof? Is that a thing???confused

I'm 10 weeks and have so far spent most of that signed off work with HG and being a massive misbag. DD is on her 3rd hour of peppa pig sad

Julesbegone Sat 28-Oct-17 19:29:50

Apparently it is a thing (I’ve googled) but I’m not convinced it’s for me.

I am going to start taking it orally though.

User45632874 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:29:42

Yes another one here, I'm 18+3 and utterly fed up. I thought about starting a thread similar to this but with a slightly different emphasis, so might just do that, an excuse for a double moan.
Wishing time would fly, I have a lot of anxiety attached to this pregnancy.
Getting up in the night to the toilet several times = broken sleep and still feeling vaguely nauseous. It seems that I am determined to whinge my way through this pregnancy. Will watch this thread with interest and probably nod my head to much that is said here.

Arlington77 Sat 28-Oct-17 20:43:48

This is a brilliant thread. I have waited/dreamed/tried so long for this, and I'm only 8 weeks, and I thought the nausea/insomnia/exhaustion was bad. Then yesterday - my birthday - proper pregnancy sickness kicked in, FULL-FORCE, and I spent the day puking my guts up smile now I will punch anyone who calls it 'morning' sickness (invented by a man, obviously). Ladies, reading all the thrills and spills ahead makes me very fearful! But thank you for the LOLs too, so good to share x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now