Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Heartburn

(8 Posts)
LadyPug Fri 27-Oct-17 21:48:50

Does heartburn get worse? I’m nearly 11 weeks pregnant and had it since week 6 (last time it kicked in around week 14) and now it’s gone up a level this week and it’s horrendous! Is it normal to suddenly get worse at around week 11? Omg will it progressively get worse throughout the entire pregnancy?!

Roxx1516 Fri 27-Oct-17 21:57:28

I had chronic heartburn about 12 weeks and I was thinking how on earth am I going to cope if this gets worse but luckily I changed a few thins I ate and I drank more and I took Zantac pills and drank gaviscon sometimes aswell too and I'm now 18weeks and I'm absolutely fine. You just gotta find what helps you out the best really. Everyone's different x

LadyPug Fri 27-Oct-17 22:01:08

Ooh ok Roxx thank you! I have Gaviscon but nothing else. Do you mind me asking what you changed in your diet? Thank you!

Roxx1516 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:25:55

I stopped drinking coke because I found that made it worse and I stopped eating to many acidic foods, also I tried eating less spicier currys, and drinking more water helped. The Zantac pills really helped me though x

LadyPug Fri 27-Oct-17 22:28:29

I will look at Zantac, thank you. I drink lots of water and don’t eat any spicy food etc but I am eating lots of carbs (to avoid first trimester sickness!) so hopefully can cut back on those soon. Thanks!

countycouncil Fri 27-Oct-17 22:33:13

I was plagued with heartburn during my first pregnancy literally till I was in labour. The only thing that eased it was emptying my stomach (vomiting) which was not ideal! Or never getting too full which took will power. Grazing rather than eating big meals may help. It horrendous. Didn't have it even once with my second baby but I followed a very strict diet due to gestational diabetes so I think thats why.

LadyPug Fri 27-Oct-17 22:38:13

Thanks countycouncil this is so useful. Obviously diet makes a massive difference!

Monkeypuzzle32 Fri 27-Oct-17 22:40:20

I have horrible heartburn, my consultant at hospital prescribed Ranitidine for me which worked a treat at first, now it just about keeps a lid on it with my best friend Gaviscon!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: