Talk

Advanced search

Cold in pregnancy.

(10 Posts)
2ducks2ducklings Fri 27-Oct-17 16:48:51

Urgh! I feel very sorry for myself at the minute. I'm 38 + 5 and have managed to catch a cold. This is despite working in a primary school and not catching anything until I break up for half term/maternity leave.
Has anyone got any tips or magic potions that I could try because I'm already breathless so the blocked nose is not fun. Plus, and this is just wonderful, every time I sneeze (and this is often) there is always a very high chance I'll wet myself!
I'm supposed to be going to a Halloween party tonight and to London for the night tomorrow, talk about bad timing sad

MRSTIGERTOES Fri 27-Oct-17 17:54:05

I had a cold a few weeks ago and felt awful with it. Pharmacist recommended Sterimar - a salt water sinus spray - to help unblock my nose and just some Lockets to also help.
Have to say that a combination of both seemed to do the trick. I got them from my local Asda store.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Fri 27-Oct-17 18:29:06

I had one a few weeks back it floored me. I just slept at every chance I had!

ashaj92 Fri 27-Oct-17 18:56:04

I had a horrendous one recently, unfortunately that case of the ‘pissy coughs and sneezes’ is all part of the fun I think sad
I survived on paracetamol (but literally taking it like clockwork every 4 hours not every now and then), plenty of fluids and warm baths and rest when you can. And, inevitably, a decent daily panty liner blush
It’s shit, and I totally sympathise, just wish I had better advice for you, really hope it clears up soon flowers

Moanyoldcow Fri 27-Oct-17 19:15:26

Vicks vaporub - I find it invaluable.

DeadDoorpost Sat 28-Oct-17 12:56:37

Olbas oil in the bath when I have one and in a cup or bowl if hot water so I can breathe the fumes in. I've had 3 colds so far during my pregnancy and feel like another one is on its way. I've stocked up on everything now.
Also, sore throat I always go for honey lemon and ginger tea. Preferably with real honey and lemon but whatever I can get at the time is good too.

dangle90 Sat 28-Oct-17 15:01:45

I’ve just had this. Literally was in tears for 4 days I felt so ill with it, everything hurt! I survived, with paracetamol every 4 hours, lemon and honey, baths and plenty of rest! flowers

Oldschool41 Sat 28-Oct-17 17:15:24

I had a nasty cold that turned into a chest infection took lots of paracetamol and doctor gave me antibiotics felt like I was dying for a while especially with being 33 weeks too

Loosemoose28 Sun 29-Oct-17 00:14:58

15-16 weeks here. Horrible head cold with sneezing and now coughing. Think on top have cystitis so drinking tonnes.

It happened blush I have peed myself. Im grumpy and tired but can't sleep. Argh.

Oh how I miss use of my nostrils and it would seem my bladder!!

InThisTogether Sun 29-Oct-17 09:23:50

I made drinks of honey, lemon, soluble paracetomol and soluble vit C/ squash.
Slathered myself in Vicks Vaporub and Olbas oil.
Sucked Lockets and old- school eucalyptus sweets.

And cursed the lack of sudafed/ any decent drugs and moaned my way through the whole week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now