Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Telling my brother...

(8 Posts)
tigerlilly85 Fri 27-Oct-17 13:15:27

So I have been dating a guy for about 1 month. My younger (27) brother, who lives with me, is already really upset that I'm dating this guy. Well we just found out that I'm pregnant, probably around 4 weeks. How do I tell him? He's already freaked on me twice about dating my boyfriend. I've had people tell me to wait to tell him and I've had others tell me I need to tell him now. Any advice on how to tell him????

sourpatchkid Fri 27-Oct-17 13:17:18

Sorry but you shouldn’t even have to consider this. He’s your brother not your parent, are you scared of him?

Starwhisperer Fri 27-Oct-17 13:19:35

I feel like you've bigger problems here than how to tell your brother but nevertheless he will either be happy for you or not. If you suspect he will figure it out on his own it may be easier to tell him sooner than later.

JoJoSM2 Fri 27-Oct-17 13:20:30

Why is your brother concerned about your boyfriend? If he’s got legitimate concerns then he’s bound to be worried about you. Having said that, it sounds like you’ve only just found out youself and it very very early days. Perhaps give it a big of time to see how the pregnancy progresses before sharing the news.

MaisyPops Fri 27-Oct-17 13:23:48

Your brother seems to have concerns about a guy you've been dating 4 weeks and you're going yi announce ypu're 4 weeks pregnant.
He's probably not going ti be overjoyed (and i can sort of see why. How within the first week of dating someone you think 'great i'll use no contraception / our contraveption has failed but I won't take thr morning after pill. Chancing a baby with this man is a great idea' is beyond me).

If you were my sibling I would be concerned, unimpressed but would support you.

tigerlilly85 Fri 27-Oct-17 13:41:42

No I'm not scared of him. I love him dearly and he feels more deeply than anyone I know including myself, which is saying something. He doesn't really have anyone but me out of our very crazy messed-up family and I defiantly understand his concerns but it is what it is, I'm just trying to soften the news a bit.

Anecdoche Fri 27-Oct-17 13:45:38

well tbh if my sister had been with a bloke for a month (4 weeks) and they were about 4 weeks pregnant i would be very concerned too!

but, he doesnt get a say in your life or your choices no matter how foolish he may think they are.

so tell him you are pregnant and if he isnt happy remind him you dont actually require his permission or approval.

JoJoSM2 Fri 27-Oct-17 13:48:03

There is no way of softening the news. I barely know the guy so it’s bound to be a complete shock when you announce the pregnancy. Especially if you’re brother is concerned in the first place...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now