Talk

Advanced search

TMI thread: will my piles go after pregnancy?!

(8 Posts)
allthecheese Thu 26-Oct-17 20:24:03

I know the NHS website says they will within a few weeks, but would rather hear people's experiences.

First pregnancy, 29 weeks in, I've only put on 7lbs, I'm not overweight, I am very active (cycle to work and gym 3x a week still), eat a high fibre diet, no problem at all with constipation and my blood pressure is stupidly low (90/44). Piles should not be happening to me!

I need to know it will go after the baby has been born. Anyone more experienced in this able to tell me what happened to them?

Anna2006 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:37:12

Have you been constipated and struggled to do a bowel movement? Usually the reason for piles but they can happen when baby is putting pressure and weight on it.

If you have been constipated. Make sure you try taking fybogel sachets every day. I’m nearly 26 weeks An have been taking then every day since 20 weeks after bad episode of constipating and bad piles. There lots better now. An make sure you don’t strain. Just sit it out. Eventually it will pass on its own!

Lozmatoz Thu 26-Oct-17 20:39:20

Yes, or at least they will be significantly better. There’s so much pressure ATM, everything will ease off.

ivykaty44 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:40:27

I don’t think they do go, they are easier but hang around in the back ground. I never had trouble with constipation either, wasn’t very heavy

Probably not what you want to hear, but other may have different experience

koalab Thu 26-Oct-17 20:43:33

Mine went a few weeks after I stopped taking iron tablets. I stopped after 8 weeks because of the poo issues (was meant to take them longer).

user1471858017 Thu 26-Oct-17 20:53:37

I had them with each pregnancy and they went entirely between

shuggas Thu 26-Oct-17 21:05:29

confusedno, first pregnancy my eldest is 10 and still have them. Though they only cause actual pain when pregnant so I just deal with it blush

JKR123 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:07:58

I got them with my second pregnancy. It was a grim experience. A couple of weeks after having my baby I noticed they had gone a d fingers crossed they haven't come back although I try to avoid being constipated and not to strain when I go to the loo. I found when they first appeared it was really uncomfortable but there are lots of things you can do to ease the pain. The thing I found most that helped was soaking a flat cotton pad in witch hazel and putting it against the piles. My gp gave me a clear numbing gel to apply and that also helped. They stopped being so uncomfortable a couple of weeks after they first appeared. Even if they don't go on their own there are things that can be done to get rid of them so try not to worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now