Talk

Advanced search

38 weeks and totally sick of being pregnant

(10 Posts)
DuRezidal Thu 26-Oct-17 17:30:47

Does anyone else feel like this at all?

I am feeling quite down about being pregnant, I absolutely hate being so front heavy and uncomfortable. I had my daughter at 37 weeks so always had it in my mind I would be similar with this one as the pregnancies have been identical but now that date has been and gone I cannot help but feel really fed up.

I am working right up until I go into labour to allow me to have 2 weeks off once he arrives, but I am so uncomfortable and cranky that it’s starting to make me not want to do anything.

I just want this pregnancy to be over with and my little boy here in the world.

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Thu 26-Oct-17 17:33:13

I hear you, and I'm only 10 weeks in..!

You're only getting 2 weeks off after birth? Do you mean work?shock

DuRezidal Thu 26-Oct-17 17:35:18

Yes I am self employed and it is my own business so having 2 weeks off and then will be back in work. I did the same with my daughter 6 years ago smile

Ladybirdgal Thu 26-Oct-17 17:52:00

I’m the same @DuRezidal. I’m currently 4 days overdue although I thought I was going into labour 2 weeks ago and was hyped up for it.

Trying to move and do anything is too much of an effort, I’m so unmotivated at the moment although every now and then I get a burst of energy to move. I keep thinking the more active I am, the sooner the baby comes (I hope!)

It doesn’t help constantly getting messages/phone calls every day asking if baby is here yet.

Hopefully we’re not waiting too long! smile

NerNerNerNerBATMAN Thu 26-Oct-17 18:18:31

Ah yes the constant texts/phone calls to double check the baby isn't here already, because it might have slipped your mind to mention it angry

It's crap OP. I went 10 days over with my first and was all sorts of furious/hormonal/uncomfortable.

I ended up spending a lot of time in bed and miserable towards the end of pregnancy, but can't say it was particularly helpful. Especially if yothe be got a 6 year old and a business to run!

Time to trot out the old mn mantra of this too shall pass cake

DuRezidal Thu 26-Oct-17 18:38:55

I just can’t stand the feeling of being so heavy in front and the constant inability to just do things without it taking twice the amount of time.

I’ve dropped down to training 3 horses a day, so very active still but that doesn’t seem to be helping progress things!

I am also sick of people saying they think I will go over with this one. I honestly don’t think I can do another 2 weeks feeling like this. I don’t want to eat really as feel really full and uncomfortable after not very much food, it’s uncomfortable sitting at the table, it’s uncomfortable trying to eat on my knee... I am quite narrow and have a very neat but rock hard bump so it’s always in the way

DuRezidal Fri 27-Oct-17 10:42:54

Still nothing!!!

Ladybirdgal Fri 27-Oct-17 16:57:51

You’re training 3 horses a day? Jeezo, you’re like Wonder Woman, I don’t think I could have the energy for that. The full feeling is annoying although since baby has dropped, it hasn’t been as bad for me.

Have you been getting any wee niggles/twinges?

DuRezidal Fri 27-Oct-17 18:37:28

Absolutely nothing!

I get some period type cramps every so often but that is literally it! I didn’t really have labour with my daughter as had waters popped at 37 weeks and contractions started immediately.

Ladybirdgal Sat 28-Oct-17 05:21:33

Aww @DuRezidal, I hope it kicks off for you soon.

Labour thankfully started yesterday for me. Absolutely gubbed as I haven’t had any sleep due to the contractions but hopefully there’s a light at the end of this tunnel soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now