Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Baby movements

(2 Posts)
LadyRenoir Thu 26-Oct-17 16:25:59

Im 26 weeks currently and developing a paranoia/anxiety around baby movements.
Baby used to be active since 23 weeks (not felt anything before, although did a reassurance scan at 22 weeks and the baby was fine, moving et all) in the evenings mainly, now it seems the pattern is shifting to mornings and smaller activity in the evenings. In the afternoons', when I work or move around (I am often on my feet most of the day) I hardly feel anything, but not sure if as the baby grows I should be feeling more movements throughout the day as well?
I am so confused as they say there is no 'minimum' or ideal amount of movements throughout the day, so how do you know if the activity is decreased? How often should you feel the baby to know everything is all right? When would you start worrying something is wrong?

InThisTogether Thu 26-Oct-17 17:54:50

I would highly recommend the free app KicksCount. Basically you tap it every time your baby has a period of movement. It allows you to see patterns that are normal for your baby. So in my case i notice a few busy days followed by a couple of quiet ones etc.
It's kept me sane for the last 12 weeks or so.
Good luck OP!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now