Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Gender scan, im so confused

(8 Posts)
NoWittyNamesAvailable Thu 26-Oct-17 14:28:05

Hi, i had a scan last week at 16+3 and the sonographer told me she couldn't see a penis at all so she thinks its a girl, but i needed to come back for a rescan as baby wouldn't move its foot long enough for a good look. I went back this morning, once again baby is curled in a tight ball but sonographer thinks she can see a penis. The scans don't show a clear penis at all, and look nothing like my 2 ds's scans did. Anyone been told a wrong gender?

GherkinSnatch Thu 26-Oct-17 14:31:06

Lots of people have been told the wrong gender. Unfortunately without baby's cooperation it's quite difficult to get an accurate image.

If there's time at your anomaly scan at 20+ weeks you could always ask the sonographer to take a peek for you?

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 26-Oct-17 14:50:14

You might have more luck at the 20 week scan baby will that slightly big bigger and hopefully baby co-operates.

YouCantArgueWithStupid Thu 26-Oct-17 14:53:24

My current pregnant we had to go back as she was breech and they couldn’t see the genitalia for sure but they didn’t have us back for another scan due to the sex it was because they couldn’t get all the measurements needed (I think it was nose, eye sockets and something else?)

NoWittyNamesAvailable Thu 26-Oct-17 15:12:54

YouCant, We only got to go back because it was a private gender scan. I have my anomaly scan booked for 3 weeks time so they may have a look then for us.

YouCantArgueWithStupid Thu 26-Oct-17 16:26:24

Ah sorry I thought it was NHS

Roseandbee Thu 26-Oct-17 16:37:01

Sounds like your sonogropher really wasn’t sure as the position wasn’t favourable both times. Hopefully you will find out at your 20 week scan

NoWittyNamesAvailable Fri 27-Oct-17 10:28:01

Fingers crossed they will have time to have a look and that the baby is in a better position!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: