Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction at 40+1?

(5 Posts)
2bfather Thu 26-Oct-17 13:06:27

Hello. Our baby weight has dropped slightly from 2weeks ago. Hospital is advocating induction but we are not sure. Any thoughts please?

user1471858017 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:18:21

What are your concerns? What is the plan if the induction doesn’t begin labour? I was induced as my waters broke early without labour starting even after a few days. How long did you want to wait? If you have strong feelings and all signs are that baby is well (is drop in weight measurable as thought all scans were rough?) then tell them you want to wait but maybe there are valid reasons they are recommending this...

2bfather Fri 27-Oct-17 15:26:38

Thank you for responding. We really wanted to have a natural birth that is all. So it has been hard to work out what the level of risk is. The drs are completely risk averse so have automatically escalated us to induction. Since I posted the message we have now agreed to this and are just starting the process. It seems that the baby’s abdomen had not grown for 2 weeks up to full term so that has sent them into induction mode.

user1471858017 Fri 27-Oct-17 16:11:04

I wanted a vaginal birth but had EMCS and then tried for a VBAC but had CS again...my body did what it did and that was that. I’m so grateful to have my children and that I live in a time where surgical intervention allows my children to be born and be healthy. This is an exciting, amazing time for you both so keep your chin up and stay positive. My husband was pale and silent through my first section, I understand it’s scary but I would have loved him to keep his cool and perk me up so if you can then keep her spirits up and make sure you get support from your family & friends too

2bfather Fri 27-Oct-17 23:40:30

That’s a very sweet response and I appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now