Talk

Advanced search

booking in appt

(23 Posts)
manchesteruntied Thu 26-Oct-17 12:41:40

(apart from it being a horrible experience...midwife didn't smile, made me feel very judged, and misread my notes...but anyway)

she didn't take my bloods? just weight/urine sample etc.

Does everyone have their bloods done- should I be worried I didn't have mine done?

I'm 9+6 weeks now.

Getoffthetableplease Thu 26-Oct-17 12:47:26

Sorry you had a crappy appointment. Horrible when they are like that. Congratulations btw! I've had bloods taken at my booking appointments each time, but I wouldn't worry, probably best just to call the drs surgery and let them know it wasn't done?x

ChocolatePancake Thu 26-Oct-17 12:48:33

I've always had my bloods done at booking appointment 🤔 . Did you ask? Perhaps phone back and ask

mindutopia Thu 26-Oct-17 12:52:06

Yes, they should have taken your bloods, but sometimes they do send you to the day assessment unit instead if there is some reason they can't take them. (With my first, mine where done there, second they were done at home at booking). Either way, she should have explained the process to you, so I would just call up the midwife team and explain it to them and ask where and when you need to get your bloods done.

2ndTimeMother Thu 26-Oct-17 13:31:05

I didn't have my bloods taken at booking in appointment, had them done at my next appointment though. Although I was a bit early than you at my booking in appointment

Misssmoo Thu 26-Oct-17 13:36:06

I got mine done at appt...can you bot ask to change midwife she sounds awful x

lampert Thu 26-Oct-17 13:36:42

I had my booking in appt at 8+4 and she said it was too early for some of the bloods.

She still took some bloods, but I've also gotta go back between 10-12 weeks to have another set done. Perhaps they will do yours all in one go?

Expectingbsbunumber2 Thu 26-Oct-17 13:54:59

Yes your bloods should be taken at the first appointment. Very odd she didn't. I would call back up

manchesteruntied Thu 26-Oct-17 15:40:34

Thanks everyone <3 it's our first, so didn't really know what to expect...I'll call the surgery to check if maybe she forgot or something?? Or maybe it's because we chose to book into a diff hospital than the one our area normally uses? Or maybe it's because she's decided I'll be a terrible mummy so what's the point in taking my bloods confused

...But I think I'll probs ask to see someone else cuz I had a little cry after only 5 mins with her.

fishfingerSarnies Thu 26-Oct-17 15:45:56

I didn’t have boosts at my booking in I had them at my scan.

LittleFox01 Thu 26-Oct-17 21:49:21

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I had my bloods taken at my 12 weeks scan , although they would have done them at my booking in appointment but I had my scan the day before my booking in , so just had it done then, which was pretty handy as she had all the results back for my booking in appointment.

Such a shame you had a bad experience with your midwife, I hope you get to see someone else who is much nicer.

My midwife was so lovely and didn’t judge at all, even though I am over weight, she suggested things in a nice way and didn’t make me feel uncomfortable at all.

I really do hope you manage to get a nicer midwife. You don’t always get to see the same one unless you book with them.

Xx

manchesteruntied Fri 27-Oct-17 16:29:01

thanks littlefox, congrats to you too <3

I went to my GP today and she gave me a form for the local hosp, she wasn't sure why the m/w hadn't done them.

Going for an early scan tomo, very excited and quite nervous as well smile

(we're just going to make sure we have a nice first experience, the private mw who does them is really lovely, and it's not too dear.)

LittleFox01 Sat 28-Oct-17 07:27:51

Awwr hope everything goes well at the scan for you today <3 it is just the best thing seeing your little one wriggle around!

How far along are you? What’s your due date?

Xx

meltingmarshmallows Sat 28-Oct-17 07:43:44

I had mine at my 12w scan not booking.

Usernamegone Sat 28-Oct-17 09:13:48

I had my bloods done at my 12w scan. Congrats on the pregnancy!

Unihorn Sat 28-Oct-17 09:17:19

Bloods get done at 12 weeks with my health board. I think it varies so I wouldn't be massively concerned.

GummyGoddess Sat 28-Oct-17 09:38:24

I have bloods before booking in, then more at 12 weeks, then more at 28 weeks, then I think one more lot after.

LittleFox01 Sat 28-Oct-17 22:25:27

How did your scan go? Xx

Lozmatoz Sun 29-Oct-17 06:42:50

I’ve never had my bloods done at booking in appointment.

HerSymphonyAndSong Sun 29-Oct-17 07:07:23

I had bloods done at booking. The midwife completed the forms that I needed to take to the blood test dept, she didn’t do them herself. Each area is different - it’s not helpful that she didn’t explain their system to you

Hairgician Sun 29-Oct-17 07:28:43

Ds1 I think done at dating scan appt. With this one they were done at booking. Though am in different area this time.

manchesteruntied Wed 08-Nov-17 20:35:25

Thank you for asking how the scan went little for :-). The private mw was really lovely and the scan was lovely! (despite being internal...eeek) baby quite happy in there it seems :-)

manchesteruntied Wed 08-Nov-17 20:36:50

...should have said " little fox ".. my autocorrect still won't believe a fox is a thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now