Talk

Advanced search

I need sleep!

(9 Posts)
dangle90 Thu 26-Oct-17 09:45:42

29 weeks pregnant with twins, and have begun dreading bedtime! I cannot get comfy, can’t sleep properly because of it, when I sleep I wake up aching because I’m limited to sleeping on left or right side. Any tips for a good night sleep or do I just resign myself to the fact this will be my life now 😂

dangle90 Thu 26-Oct-17 10:20:37

sad

KalaLaka Thu 26-Oct-17 10:22:46

I've got twins. I used to use pillows to prop myself into a good position, including one between my legs as I lay in a sort of recovery position!

Oly5 Thu 26-Oct-17 10:23:57

Only sympathy here. Also tossing and turning all night due to aching hips. Pillows only do so much

dangle90 Thu 26-Oct-17 10:28:31

I have a pregnancy pillow and just spend all night switching from one side to the other, but which ever side I lay on aches so much, my hips, shoulders, ears even! Must be from the weight! 7 more weeks of this 😴

AnUtterIdiot Thu 26-Oct-17 10:40:22

32 weeks with twins (nearly). Here's how I'm doing it:

Foam u-shaped body pillow on the bed in horseshoe shape with the U at the top

Theraline bean-filled u-shaped pillow on top of foam pillow

Lie on left or right side with head on beany pillow

Tuck foamy cushion underneath bump and back

Slide arm between beany cushion and foam cushion to sleep.

It really works for me although I could do without my pelvis cracking like a sodding pistol when I sit up or change sides

AnUtterIdiot Thu 26-Oct-17 10:41:12

PS the Theraline pillow is too bulky and unyielding to Tucson under the bump for me, but the foamy pillow is not stuffed enough to make a decent pillow for my head.

dangle90 Thu 26-Oct-17 10:43:13

Thanks for the tip anutter will have to invest in some more pillows I think! 32 weeks... gosh how are you getting on otherwise?

KalaLaka Thu 26-Oct-17 10:58:26

The pillows can be used to prop up babies for feeding too, so it's not wasted money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now