Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stupid, hormonal meltdown

(25 Posts)
OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Oct-17 21:02:27

Just discovered stretch marks 2 & 3 starting to form on my side/hip...and im irrationally having a bubble over them.

I'm covered in stretch marks on my thighs and back hips from puberty so it was kinda a given that I'd get more. It took me many years to accept my old marks and these news have sent me back to being 14 with no body confidence again 😭

My first one appeared up my side a few weeks ago and I accepted that fine as it doesn't look like its going to stretch further, but these news ones are almost definitely going to to stretch horizontally onto my stomach... Which before was always the one area of my body that was mark free.

I've tried to explain this to DP but he doesn't "get it" ... He tries but I feel so stupid right now - am I alone in feeling this crazy? Just feel now they've started I'm going to wake up absolutely covered.

OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Oct-17 21:03:24

* these new ones

mustbemad17 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:09:36

I have more stretch marks from the first seven weeks of this pregnancy than I have from my first two pregnancies combined. Not sure wtf that is all about!!

I get the whole paranoia thing about them; I look at it like the ones I got last time I got end of the pregnancies so there was a reason (big ole bump). These? They are just punishing me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Oct-17 21:15:42

I just feel irrational and like a bad mum to be as it's quite vain of me! Im 35+6 and I guess I stupidly thought I was getting away without getting any on my stomach. Now I'm like shit 4+ weeks to go... I'm going to be covered!

ChocolatePancake Wed 25-Oct-17 21:17:42

Nawwww bless your heart. It does make me laugh slightly (sorry) because I remember crying in both pregnancies because of stretch marks but as a general rule I really don't care at all! You can't stop, prevent or get rid of stretch marks so there's absolutely no point in fretting... but that doesn't stop a hormonal lady!
You're beautiful flowers

mustbemad17 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:18:21

At least you have an excuse! You've done well with 4 weeks left...33 weeks here aaaand I am covered. Like literally. My OH traces them & very helpfully points out new 'branches' telling me I should be proud. I just tell him he is only happy because he knows nobody else will want my train tracked body so he won't lose me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Oct-17 21:23:41

Thank you ladies.

I'm totally over my old marks, even show then off now whereas I used to hide away in board shorts etc at beaches etc... Just hope it doesn't take me 5+ years to get over these new ones!

Anyone else get them on your side/back?

ChocolatePancake Wed 25-Oct-17 21:26:02

I have them all over my hips, but they aren't that obvious anymore... although I'm sure they'll be on full display soon!
My OH was looking at the new ones on my boobs the other day and said "oh wow, they're like craters".... safe to say I was NOT pleased!!

OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Oct-17 21:28:37

πŸ˜‚ charming.

My DP is too scared to say anything in case I burst into tears again. Even him saying I'm still beautiful sets me off!

mustbemad17 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:33:06

Down the back, up the side, across my boobs πŸ˜‚ OH does a sort of body inspection every day now; boobs bigger, bum bigger, tummy stretch marks bolder, hips more train tracked. He is lucky i love him & know he is trying to make me less worried haha xx

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:36:07

I have more in this pregnancy (second) than my first. My OH says to me they are our boys tiger stripes. I'm not really fretting over them YET πŸ™ˆ

mustbemad17 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:37:46

I'm currently more concerned about the fact that at 7 weeks pregnant people keep asking me if I'm carrying twins (i'm not) than the stripes. For now πŸ˜‚

OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Oct-17 21:56:29

I love all your positive outlooks, I'm trying to adopt them!

Phoenixtheatrezx Wed 25-Oct-17 21:57:25

A few hours before having a section with my son, I was marvelling at the midwife saying how lucky I was that I had no stretch marks. I was so smug blush
She said oh yea you got some all over your lower stomach. And I had. Loads of them. Only couldn't see them because my stomach was so huge. So I had spent my whole pregnancy in joyful oblivion grin
Thankful for that as I would have had a meltdown as well as I was already having some serious skin issues!

OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Oct-17 22:01:26

I daily inspect my bump in my big mirror so I can see under bump
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

I think I'll just need to stop that practise until baby is here and I can focus on them rather than my skin.

mustbemad17 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:07:15

If I didn't worry about other bits i'd be a hormonal mess tbh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ i don't look in the mirror any more because my disgusting hair (no water, yay) & pasty complexion make me want to vomit more than the nausea does 🀣🀣

OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Oct-17 22:11:34

I keep trying to think "I've earned these stripes!" πŸ˜‚ but still want to bubble my eyes out over them.

AnonEvent Wed 25-Oct-17 22:16:56

I thought I’d made it through pregnancy without a single stretchmark, I was luxuriating in my good luck.

And then I had DD, and my tummy went back to something nearing its old appearance, and there they were, 10 or so, red and angry, they’d been hiding under my bloody bump.

AnonEvent Wed 25-Oct-17 22:17:50

Pheonix snap! I totally didn’t RTFT!

mustbemad17 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:18:59

I have started the practice of identifying three things I am happy with. Could be anything; the fact I woke up without vomiting (omg that is an amazing feeling πŸ˜‚), the fact I did a load of washing without passing out down the stairs...only once I've done my three things am I allowed to have one negative. Sometimes i want to poke my eyes out with straws trying to think but it stops me wanting to sob like a little girl on my bed πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

OnNaturesCourse Wed 25-Oct-17 22:23:39

I'm not normally a crier. I feel like I need a afternoon with tear jerked films and lots of cups of tea. Just to get it out my system.

mustbemad17 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:24:42

OMG that sounds like the best plan ever!! As long as we are allowed a duvet too hahaha

AnonEvent Wed 25-Oct-17 22:36:33

I cried a lot in pregnancy (and pretty much ever since) too. I cried because I smelled the cinnamon on someone else’s cappuccino and it reminded me of Christmas, I cried until my nose bled in an open-plan office because my team missed a deadline.

And I am β€”wasβ€” hard as nail.

Have a good old blub, it’s good for the soul.

OnNaturesCourse Thu 26-Oct-17 01:47:08

Duvets are a must. On the sofa with the curtains closed and lamps on dim.

Quite gutted I'm going to get my nails done tomorrow now or that would have been my plan πŸ˜‚

Definitely happening on Friday, feel free to join me! Mumsnet DVD / cry your heart out day... With plenty tea 🍡

OnNaturesCourse Thu 26-Oct-17 01:47:11

Duvets are a must. On the sofa with the curtains closed and lamps on dim.

Quite gutted I'm going to get my nails done tomorrow now or that would have been my plan πŸ˜‚

Definitely happening on Friday, feel free to join me! Mumsnet DVD / cry your heart out day... With plenty tea 🍡

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now