Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Might just not name him!

(19 Posts)
Namechanger2735 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:21:02

Il never find a name I love enough!
So here are the names I like, to give you a clue..but they come with reasons why I won't be using them.
Alfie-too common and reminds me of Alfie moon
Archie-reminds me of Archie Mitchell
not an eastenders addict I swear
Albert- I like albert but Hate "albie" and I just know people will shorten it.
Barney- reminds me too much of the dinosaur
And the same with barnabus plus I think that sounds a bit jokey? Sorry
The front runner at the moment is Rupert.
So I like old names I think, think old peoples home register and hit me with your favourites!

1stX Wed 25-Oct-17 20:30:02

I could have just written this. DP and I have been sat for an hour with a baby book. Our shortlist is VERY short.
We had loads of girls names (we were convinced he was a she!)

1stX Wed 25-Oct-17 20:31:24

Rupert is cute. At the moment Elliott is my favourite

LittleBearPad Wed 25-Oct-17 20:32:19

Bertie is a nice short for Albert.

Namechanger2735 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:36:12

1st I had a first and middle name chosen for a girl! I was also convinced..I really feel like I'm struggling still coming to terms with the fact I won't be having another girl, very odd grief like feeling!

littlebear I know a Bertie too sad

1stX Wed 25-Oct-17 20:48:51

I get what you mean. I had imagined all of the things I was going to do with my daughter and although I'm very happy to be having a boy I feel a bit sad I won't be having a girl.

I'm with you on the old fashioned names. Are there any family names you like? X

Namechanger2735 Wed 25-Oct-17 20:56:08

I already have a daughter, she'll be 18months when this ones here and I had my heart set on them wearing matching outfits, being mistaken for twins when they're older, being best friends and having girly nights together. Silly isn't it the way you think about things.
No, everyone seems to have very young names! My grandad is David, his brother is Michael..then there's John and Russel.

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 25-Oct-17 21:03:54

I'm with you here. Me and ny partner can't decide on a name for our boy. Boys names are hard to chose! We have a few we like but ahhh! Lol

CinnamonAndSpice Wed 25-Oct-17 21:07:05

We only have one boy name but a few girl names.

Oysterbabe Wed 25-Oct-17 21:54:12

Freddie.

MarmiteandToast Wed 25-Oct-17 22:02:58

We're the opposite! A few boys names but we're having a girl!

Archie on our shortlist too btw - I like it

Oldschool41 Wed 25-Oct-17 22:37:08

I'm having a girl and I am going to name her Elsie Rae if I was to have a boy it would of been Harley

DeadDoorpost Thu 26-Oct-17 00:57:20

My favourite 'old' name is Atticus. We've been calling our bump that but it's not the name we're going with just because we're keeping the actual name a secret from everyone. And it's kept my aunt's from going on about calling the baby an alien (Spock was the other name we've been calling the bump)

Misssmoo Thu 26-Oct-17 06:19:56

Ralphy is nice or Stanley

Hulaballoo Thu 26-Oct-17 07:05:12

How about:
Edward
George
Theodore (teddy, Theo)
Stephen
Fintan
Finley
James
Robin
Christopher
Albion
( Not my choices just thinking of older names 😁)

OriginalMoo Thu 26-Oct-17 07:14:41

We struggled choosing a boys name too. For a girl we knew it would be Georgia. Eventually my mum took our list of possibles and had a play with combinations. We have settled on Dominic Eli and Georgia Faith...of course that could change when we meet him or her! 🤣

Peolealwaystalkabout Thu 26-Oct-17 07:32:05

Rupert is nice. Edward? Samuel?

I remember the same issue.. I liked Luke, but ‘puke’
Noah, but my sister taught a Noah who was the naughtiest child in school etc

Shoebles Thu 26-Oct-17 07:34:57

My favourite old man style name for a boy is Eric

LadyRenoir Thu 26-Oct-17 08:31:24

I work in a school and soooo many names I now associate with kids I don't always like, so loads of potentially nice names were ruined for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now