Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have sore/achey lower abdomen at 18 weeks?

(3 Posts)
Losgann Wed 25-Oct-17 17:20:30

Hello all. Today and yesterday I have felt quite uncomfortable and achey in my lower abdomen/pelvic area. It started off being just while I was walking around and I thought maybe I was over-doing it but it feels quite achey now while I am sitting at my desk and not moving around much! I don't think it's a UTI as I have no other symptoms at all.

I spoke to my midwife who thinks it sounds like normal growing pains but I am just wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar? I have my first midwife appointment on Friday but am wondering if I ought to make an appointment for tomorrow and get my urine checked just in case it is a UTI and I need antibiotics. I'm 18 weeks exactly today and this is my first pregnancy (in case that wasn't obvious from this over-anxious post!!)

whattobeexpected Wed 25-Oct-17 17:59:17

Hi! I'm not an expert as I'm currently pregnant with my first! But I am at 23 weeks and felt similar to you a few weeks ago and got myself quite worked up, it felt almost like a stitch in my lower stomach constantly, had all relevant checked and came back fine, I loosened some of my trousers and drank more water seemed to help and midwife agreed growing pains! Everyone tried to tell me it was normal but I was overly anxious too! I'm sure yours will be too!
Congratulations!

Expectingbsbunumber2 Wed 25-Oct-17 18:06:02

Yup I had this and it was pretty painful like a bad shooting pain so I called up maternity unit and she said it sounded like I stretched a ligament.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now